Phone + underwater housing: phone run time before battery runs out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aerobics111

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a Kraken housing with an iPhone 11 inside. The iPhone battery has 85% of its original capacity when new.

When fully charged and use it underwater, the phone can last about an hour before the battery runs out.

For folks who use phone+housing, is this run time normal?

I’ve turned off all other functions that may reduce battery life and the battery activity analysis also shows 99% of power consumption comes from the Kraken app.

Screen brightness is a big factor in phone battery life. Try dimming it by a few percent and see if it helps.

I'm using a 12 Pro in the Sealife housing - earlier in the phone's life it would easily do an hour dive + say 30 minutes of pre/post dive and still have battery left. This year it's been fine for a drive but I need to recharge between dives.

I'd say given your battery health (and presumably phone age) that you're not far off of what's expected.

Doesn’t the kraken have a dive computer function built in?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom