Exploring Lake Texoma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me know if you guys are wanting to go out again in the next few weeks - I would love to get a chance to check it out. Sounds like you had some good dives! Beats the yardwork I got to do...

My next three weekends are comletely shot to...

you get the idea. I'm going to try to do more winter diving though this year. I need to get more comfortable in my dry suit.

TwoBit

I'm going to try to do more winter diving though this year. I need to get more comfortable in my dry suit.

TwoBit

NOW you are talking Tom!!! :D:)

My next three weekends are comletely shot to...

you get the idea. I'm going to try to do more winter diving though this year. I need to get more comfortable in my dry suit.

TwoBit

Stop by Atwood's or your nearest Tractor Supply and pick up some Calhartt Coveralls.
They come in Tan or Black and are just down right toasty :wink:

We consult the bones to see what the upcoming dive portends.

It's kinda one of those, ya gotta see it to really get it. If you're superstitious, it's probably not something you want to see.

The bones agreed with the previously laid out dive plan.

TwoBit

Yep... the bones have never been wrong so far. Richerso has pictures of the cerimony when we were at Lake Murray last year. Alan, Kory & Tom and others can account for the accuracy of the predictions.

In short this is how it goes:

The cerimony begins with a ritualized scraping of the earth with a 3 blade iron claw followed by a spirited shaking of the rain stick over the prepared ground.

Next, a black cloth is laid out on the ground and the idol is placed in the center of the cloth and faced towards the water. In our case the idol is a very,very old doll's head I found half buried in a earthen pile near a 1800's slave cemetery deep in the woods of in Red River County.
A black bag of bones is produced. Once the secret knot made with a pure white cord is untied the contents are poured over the idol and the long bone will always point in the direction you should travel during the first leg of the dive. Should a bone hang in the bag and then drop after the others have come to rest there will be a surprise.

So Cruiser.... We're heading to a new lake soon.... are you in ? :wink:

So Cruiser.... We're heading to a new lake soon.... are you in ? :wink:

As fascinating as that sounds, I need something more familiar, like Terrell. Can ScubaTony go in my place?

Well... Tony has this spot called Daingerfield State Park that I would like to go to.
They say a Bone Cerimony has never happened there before and he might just have to go in your place sometime. I have my Dance Card filled on Fridays for awhile and He's busy Saturdays... But not for long !

I bet I go diving at Lake Broken Bow, OK. this weekend provided the Gypsy Girl RV will
get me there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom