Explore Shaker Plant, Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We drop anchor on the flats above the wall where the plant was located. The area is still being explored. When looking at the photos, it appears that the plant was spread over a wide area below Sometimes Islands.

We have made several dives on the site with mixed reactions. There still needs to be more exploring and an attempt to place lines between what is found is in the plans. We have found sections of the wooden support beams shown in the photos, concrete footings, concrete building pads or something like that, and something that appears to be drill casings.

Despite the low lake levels, Lake Travis is still open for business and diving. Boat traffic is almost non-existent with the public ramps now closed and marinas being challenged to put dry-stack boats in the water.

Robert,
Let me know when you're going back out. I'd like to come.
Carrie

We drop anchor on the flats above the wall where the plant was located. The area is still being explored. When looking at the photos, it appears that the plant was spread over a wide area below Sometimes Islands.

We have made several dives on the site with mixed reactions. There still needs to be more exploring and an attempt to place lines between what is found is in the plans. We have found sections of the wooden support beams shown in the photos, concrete footings, concrete building pads or something like that, and something that appears to be drill casings.

Despite the low lake levels, Lake Travis is still open for business and diving. Boat traffic is almost non-existent with the public ramps now closed and marinas being challenged to put dry-stack boats in the water.

Was wondering how this trip went?

Trip report?

Rhonda

I've been on a few trips to this site in recent weeks, check the dive conditions reports sticky in this forum for my reports.

Cheers,

Robert,
Let me know when you're going back out. I'd like to come.
Carrie

Carrie,

There is a chance we will go on any given charter depending on the divers interests. I always try to honor divers requests, so if you want to dive Shaker Plant put that in the comment section of the reservation request form and I will note it for the charter.

Robert

Back
Top Bottom