Experience w/Parker 2820XL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottschop

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello and Good Morning Skippers,

Inquiring to see if anyone has experience with the Parker 2820 XL as a charter boat. It looks dry, good power, good electronics package. Just curious about the stability with divers and equipment aboard.

Thanks

Scott

Scott,

I've got a Parker 2820XL and use it for exclusively for diving. I usually have six divers onboard, seven is a bit too crowded, but I've done it (not chartering). I use the roll control system and mounted racks for 8 tanks on each side. Seating for divers during the trip out/in is your challenge. I have seats in the cabin and two large coolers in the back. The electric head forward is a plus. 10gal of fresh water is a minus. It rides fine and fast (was out this week with 6 divers and cruised at 44mph-39kts). Like every boat, sea state determines everything.

Safe Diving,
Wil

Good info, thanks Wil.

Do you have benches installed along the rails, that is what I was thinking but wasn't sure about the room.

What kind of seas have you been in with divers aboard?

Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom