Expected Life of BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That pretty clearly deliniates "abuse" from "use" then.

18 dives and the weight pockets tore off like they were made of tissue paper?

Hardly abuse.

It was a lemon.

Zeagle were kind enough to fix it but by then I had had enough of the nonsense and moved on.

The Ranger carcass still resides on my floor awaiting disposal.

Since it is a carcass, I will be more than happy to take it off your hands and pay the shipping. You will be doing both of us a favor. Before the bids start flowing in, I asked FIRST!

I have a seatec BC 20yrs old 550 dives all salt water and the velcro that holds the cam bands is still fine

Since it is a carcass, I will be more than happy to take it off your hands and pay the shipping. You will be doing both of us a favor. Before the bids start flowing in, I asked FIRST!

And I claim second place in line.....

Hi Herman,

I have a over 300 hours on a used Ranger that I bought for less than $200 and really only need a few parts from Slim's BC for an upgrade (the zipper on the bladder cover broke). Nice thing about Zeagle is that so many parts are interchangeable between models. More than happy to pass the rest of the carcass on to you for spare parts if you pay the shipping.

My LDS owner in Kuwait had a Zeagle Ranger last well over 3000 dives - and Zeagle did replace it when the wing material finally gave out. Gotta love that life-time thing....

Thanks, I don't really need any parts, just hated to see a Zeagle on the floor.....on second thought, I could use some trim weight pouches if it had those.

The Ranger carcass still resides on my floor awaiting disposal.

My bovine byproduct detector is starting to ring here.

I'm beginning to think you went BP/W and now consider anything else to be "garbage."

So post some photos of this Ranger "carcass" with a grand total of 18 dives on it.

-Charles

I will answer this how I answer all longevity questions.. with a quick little story.
I went last June to Florida to dive the Spiegel Grove. While waiting for the departure time, the wife and I hit up the local dive shops. Inside was a woman getting new gear. She mentioned that after 27yrs of diving, she felt it time to replace her original gear.

So 27yrs if you take good care of good gear. Ya.. I dont think spending 1K-2K on gear today will bother me knowing I can get at least 10 yrs out of it.

Lessons Learned:

A good BC deteriorates quickly when stored in a North Carolina Attic. An old Swimaster BC horsecollar was perfectly usable after being closet-kept for 25 years.

BC's spend at least 99% of their time in storage. The guy who sold us our last BC said don't store it in the garage. I believe it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom