How to tether things to my BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's where a trilobite lives for me. I also have one on my right drysuit sleeve. 4 inch blunt titanium knife on inside left calf.
Hey me too! That's where my trilobite is!
I also strap a dive knife on my right hip

Can anybody recommend a good dive knife?

It's nice to be able to tighten stuff up in the water. If you don't also carry a wrench.

I have 4 different dive knives up to and including a big Wenoka with about a 5-5 1/2" blade, but honestly, I can't remember the last time I dove with one. Since I've been casually diving with operators on their somewhat "canned" dives, I really don't see the need anymore. :wink:

Hopefully somebody will have some sort of cutting tool when I get tangled up in discarded netting or fishing line! :thinkingof:

As I've been typing this, I just remember seeing Frank Sinatra last night diving in the movie, "Lady in Cement" pulling out a young sword to protect himself from attack by about 6 Tiger Sharks that were circling around him...of course that scared them away! :sharkattack:

🐸

Can anybody recommend a good dive knife?

Get a trilobite. They are fantastic for 99% of entanglements you may run into while diving.

We offer several different knives. This one is very popular with scuba divers and our price (for a high quality titanium knife) is very competitive:

We also sell a line cutter which I carry with me on all dives:

Back
Top Bottom