Expanding ScubaBoard to social media

Which social media channels do you actively use (diving related) ?

• Facebook

Votes: 74 47.4%
  • Instagram

Votes: 40 25.6%
  • TikTok

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Twitter

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Pinterest

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Youtube

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • ScubaBoard only!

Votes: 59 37.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another for the missing "none" option.
Since you left off a very vital option, all your data from this survey will be flawed. All skewed toward social media, completely ignoring the people who did not go there. And will not go there.

For those addicted, you will find your fix somewhere. A lot of us don't care, don't follow, and maybe, just sometimes, go outside and play instead of being on the computer/phone.

I have Facebook, insta and YouTube.

I rarely use Facebook anymore for anything other than birthday reminders. I use insta to follow friends and post pics of doing outdoorsy stuff and the kid.

YouTube I follow a bunch of vehicle centered traveller's.

I can see the benefit of having an Instagram to post a few pictures and a link to a thread about a cool dive destination, or a group get together (megadive etc).

Like many I don't want to cross post or connect my fb, insta etc to sb. But I will follow sb on those platforms and share cool content y'all post.

It is always interesting the emphatic social media is not good or isn't for me or I'm not a product posts that come from threads like this.... And I get them. I do. But we're all products here on SB too...

@Miyaru can you post links to all the socials for sb in your op?

Did SB get broken with the upgrade? First we have to become gender neutral and now we have to embed with social media. Not many votes gonna happen without the Zero choice. For my social media and Internet browsing give me a PC and Chrome any day over anything else.

Kind of funny, as "forums" such as scubaboard.com are themselves social media platforms. Scubaboard.com is a better platforms than the ones listed in the poll I.M.O..

I do also use youtube quite a bit to watch people's dive videos.
I avoid twit/face/instantgram/toktok as I would avoid an STD.

I’m confused. The last post on the Facebook page appears to be from May of last year. Are you saying you posted there about being offline? I don’t see that.
No, I wrote Bit of a missed opportunity that nobody kept an eye on that page and with nobody I meant any of the staff.
Are you going to be posting threads from the board to social media?
No, the goal is not to spread discussions out over several media.
Could you please add a "None of the above" option to the poll
Since there is no social media called "none", it's not in the list. If you don't use any, don't select any.
@Miyaru can you post links to all the socials for sb in your op?
The FB link is already posted, others are being considered.

Thank you all for replying so far.
I'm also very interested in reactions from the younger generations (let's say born after 1980), who grew up in the computer era and have a different viewpoint on social media.

On rare occasion, I've easily posted links to Vimeo along with passwords for SB users. Example: Vimeo . Can't embed, can't download. Works just fine, I'm sure that I could embed a link to my FB page IF I SO CHOSE TO DO SO.

Count me in as another solid NONE. If I want to, I will, and have...

The issue I see or feel that is relevant when looking at this topic is that the nature of a forum or online message board such as Scubaboard is very different then that of current social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, twitter etc. I see sites such as Scubaboard, Decostop, The hull truth just to name a few other examples as places where people can have organized discussions of specific topics within the general scope that the particular website is built around. When it comes to social media, its more about pushing media; pictures, videos, news, events etc. whether from the perspective of an individual person or an organization, the views come from the frequency of the content as well as how appealing it is to a reasonable size audience in this case divers. I feel that for Scubaboard as a message board functions as a collective of its members and there thoughts, were as for it work on these social media platform it needs to act as company or organization. In which it post content and then the users (us) react and discuss said content. It would just be different from what we are used to here. perhaps not a bad thing as newer audiences are already used to being exposed to content in this manner. I also do believe that Message board like this one are kind of becoming a thing of the past. Fewer and fewer people I meet seem to even know that sites like this are a thing for any particular subject.

I'm interested in knowing how this site has grown as of late.....or...hasn't?, perhaps via site statistics. Is the move to expand to social media really something that should be pursued seeing as this site functions under its specific niche. Has member growth / retention been dwindling lately or something?

Since there is no social media called "none", it's not in the list. If you don't use any, don't select any.
How are you going to know the percentage of SB users who just don't use social media if you don't have a "none" option. All you will get is a list of the social media preferences of those that do use them.

I vote "none", but I'm old, and you care less about us:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom