Expanding ScubaBoard to social media

Which social media channels do you actively use (diving related) ?

• Facebook

Votes: 74 47.4%
  • Instagram

Votes: 40 25.6%
  • TikTok

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Twitter

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Pinterest

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Youtube

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • ScubaBoard only!

Votes: 59 37.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great…we’re like Wal-Mart or Starbucks.
Not. Even. Close. That's this page: Facebook Gruppen. To call that page mediocre is a compliment.

Searchability is a huge plus of SB. So often when I search for diving topics, SB is towards the top.

Plus, I think all the kool kids left FB. Aren't they into snapchat? Or has something replaced that one too. I can't say I try to keep up with them.

How are you going to know the percentage of SB users who just don't use social media if you don't have a "none" option. All you will get is a list of the social media preferences of those that do use them.

Maybe that’s exactly what they want? I wouldn’t assume they care about how many SBers don’t use social media. Seems to me that what they want to know is for those that do, which platforms? If that is the goal, the poll is fine as is.

Since there is no social media called "none", it's not in the list. If you don't use any, don't select any.
How then does one vote without it saying "select an option"?

I'll help you here: you can't. d'Oh.

Secondly, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, how are you going to interpret NONE if there's no NONE option? You're victimising** those that don't take part on soshal me-me-meja; what kind of *ism is that?

I come here to learn. I don't come here to see numpty stuff.

(BTW I also run a forum in the UK which is shortly to meet its maker, just like the CCR forums that are slowly dying -- looks like CCRExplorers.com has died and Rebreather World is overwhelmed by spam)

Edit: it's sarcasm OK!

uw:
But you've said that trip reports (or content from trip reports) is already being cross posted to Instagram, right?

Are/were the originators of the trip report content aware that it has been / will be published to Instagram? Do/did they consent? Is there a clearly visible method to opt in or out of having one's content published outside ScubaBoard?
Trip reports. YUCK 🤮

Sorry, not remotely interested in that. Nor gurning pictures of clear warm water holiday divers.

How then does one vote without it saying "select an option"?

I'll help you here: you can't. d'Oh.

Secondly, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, how are you going to interpret NONE if there's no NONE option? You're victimising those that don't take part on soshal me-me-meja; what kind of *ism is that?

I come here to learn. I don't come here to see numpty stuff.

(BTW I also run a forum in the UK which is shortly to meet its maker, just like the CCR forums that are slowly dying -- looks like CCRExplorers.com has died and Rebreather World is overwhelmed by spam)

Victimizing??!! Take a step back from the keyboard. I believe you’re misinterpreting the purpose of the poll. Some of you are getting way too worked up over not having NONE as an option. I don’t think the purpose of the poll is to determine how many SBers also use social media.

Victimizing??!! Take a step back from the keyboard. I believe you’re misinterpreting the purpose of the poll. Some of you are getting way too worked up over not having NONE as an option. I don’t think the purpose of the poll is to determine how many SBers also use social media.
Maybe the sarcasm was too strong!

Social media has kilt more message boards than anything else. If I owned a message board I'd use it for nothing more than to drive traffic to my board by sharing links to the webpage. But I may not use it at all because I'm sure their algorithms down vote message boards because they are competition. No different than FB killing the ability to embed YouTube videos.

Lol.

SB is a publically searchable forum.

Anyone can search a dive destination and come across a trip report on SB.

Have y'all ever read the entire tos here on SB?

To me, it's a feature (not a bug) that a special-interest forum like SB (or others I belong to) inherently filters out casual looky-loos. A diver or prospective diver searching for an answer to a question needs to spend a minute concocting a search query in order to find a thread to read or forum to post in. You need to have a modicum of curiosity, not just a finger that reflexively clicks on a pretty picture.

To get my vote you will need a “none” option.
None of the above
Don't use any of those platforms
I added "ScubaBoard only!" to the list of possible responses. You can always change your vote in this survey.
Are you going to be posting threads from the board to social media?
I would remain happier, if what happened on Scubaboard stayed on Scubaboard
Mea culpa, but while ScubaBoard predates all those SM sites in the list above, users have shared content from here on them since their inception. It truly is the World Wide Web, where everything interconnects with almost everything else. It's the very nature of this beast! Like others, I'm proud of our content and love to share it with as many as possible. @Miyaru has played a unique role in this past upgrade and has made it easier to grab content from other media and we're working on the converse as well. Why? Well, it's the social thing to do. :D However, as always, we love to get input from our core users. Some of you have insights that are surprising.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom