Exhaust Tees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Body position also play a part in bubble interference. Bubbles like the straightest path to the surface, if that happens to be straight up in your face, they will take it your comfort be damned. :D

My USD Micra's have basically no Tee at all. I never notice bubbles interfering nor do they show in photos I take.

Once he moves out of the training portion and moves to the horizontal instead of the vertical, I tend to believe the bubble issue will disappear.

Oh, we cured the bubble issue right after the first time in the pool. I removed the Titan/Calypso second stage and replaced it with a 1970s all metal USD Aquarius second stage. This cured both the bubble problem and the dry mouth problem. I was just wondering why the current style of second stages (except for the expensive ones) have such narrow exhaust tees. The one that came with the Calypso even has a "bubble problem" when he is swimming horizontal.

I faced this same experience
Almost every new regulator I tried throw the bubble right up in my face

I finally gave up and decided to pull all my US DIVER CONSHELF regulators out of retirement --- got them totally serviced and went back to the old school time tested design that never had any bubble problems at all

But I agree - it seems strange all the modern regulators have gone to this low profile non-tee design that produces so much "bubble trouble"

Sometimes older is better

regexhaust.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom