Excited for my TDI Intro to tech class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigeclipse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All,
I finally enrolled into a tech class. I know it is only Intro to tech but it was suggested by many on here that it is a good place to start. After speaking with my tech instructor, he has stated that from what I describe to him about my current skills, he thinks I may be a little further along than an intro to tech class but maybe not quite ready for full blown Deco procedures/advanced nitrox. He will know after our first dive together he stated. I have already been practicing hovering/maintaining buoyancy while doing drills/skills (S-drill, Valve drill, ascent line/lift bag...etc). I figure, even if im further along than the other students, it wont hurt (only my wallet) and honestly I love all dives, even training dives. Just thought I would share my excitement.

If the worst that comes out of taking an Intro to Tech class is you realize you were overprepared....you're off to a good start. If the money isn't a big deal, enjoy Intro to Tech. If it is, then talk to your instructor about doing a flexible course. The first bit of AN/DP and Intro to Tech should be about the same, anyway.

Congrats--first step is always the hardest.

Who did you end up choosing as an instructor?

Awesome! I don't know how the TDI class compares, but I'm half way through a GUE Fundamentals class. I am AMAZED at how much I've learned already, and aside from hovering neutrally and kicking, we have yet to introduce a single skill. A good instructor will find room for improvement in even the best divers. "Master" one technique, and he'll raise the bar. A really good instructor will manage to do that without turning it into a frustrating experience. :)

I am sure you will have a great time!

Awesome! I don't know how the TDI class compares, but I'm half way through a GUE Fundamentals class. I am AMAZED at how much I've learned already, and aside from hovering neutrally and kicking, we have yet to introduce a single skill. A good instructor will find room for improvement in even the best divers. "Master" one technique, and he'll raise the bar. A really good instructor will manage to do that without turning it into a frustrating experience. :)

I am sure you will have a great time!

I just finished the classroom portion. I did not really learn anything I did not already know but I have been reading a lot on my own anyways. My first water session will be July 10th and I am excited for that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom