Exchanging Euro's in Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Max amount is usually the equivalent to your max withdrawal at home. Some ATM's have there own limits, so just run your card thru again for more rupiah.

is there a max amount you can withdraw?
Many ATMs in Indonesia limit the withdrawal any amount from 1.5 million to 3 million, which is not much (from 120 to 250 euros), of course you can make sevaral withdrawals until you reach your home withdrawal limit but as there is flat fee for each withdrawal, your bank charges sum up quickly.

On a personal level I have found that is was easier to bring cash and change it in Indonesia. I try to pay with my VISA when the seller doesn't charge me 3% more and I use my credit card for withdrawal as a last resort, I hate tipping my banker. :eyebrow:

Of course, if you're staying one month, bringing sufficient cash maybe a problem.

Yeah. the surcharges will probably even out with the better rate. Just hate looking for ATMs all the time; always something with not accepting my card or out of order. I will just bring cash and use my card when neccesary/ possible

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom