Excel 976 vs 765 + hooded vest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Fic

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need a wetsuit for diving the local waters...anywhere from 68 degrees to 45 degrees at depth. Don't want a drysuit right now. I like the Excel products and is what my LDS carries.

What do you think about the SCS Polar Tri-density 9/7/6 vs. the Infiniti 7/6/5 plus a hooded vest? I am very cold-natured, but did well with a 7 mm double suit rental which is probably a tad bit loose on me, down to 47 degrees...was only cold on head and hands, where I was not prepared for the low temp, only wearing a beanie and skin gloves...but I didn't stay at depth for more than a few minutes at a time. Will one of those suits/combos even be enough?

Thanks!

Does your LDS rent those suits? It would be better if you tried it before you spent your money. I wear a 6.5 mil two piece and dive in the temperatures you do without any problem although I do wear a 5 mil hood and cold water gloves.

Thanks for the reply. I will have to check...I don't think my LDS rents those or he would have already offered a trial. I was really cold in my double 7mm in 68 degree water if I wasn't moving around, so it really makes me nervous to think of only a 6! We'd like to do a live aboard in California/Pacific sometime, and I want to stay warm with several dives per day, plus the local dives I mentioned. I'm surprised more people didn't answer the post...I have heard Excel is a really good suit, so I thought it would be more popular.

Thanks again--I'll double check with my LDS!

Trena

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom