Examples of a dive death that could not have been prevented?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Example (not intended to pick on someone):
"Should I don the chain mail for my beach dives in Bonaire, or should I put the negligible risk into perspective, and not live life like a timid little mouse?"

The point being made was not that you should do everything to prevent them. The point was made that you could prevent them..
If I concede that all possible diver deaths are preventable, will you concede that diving in a submarine is a distinctly different experience than the diving most of us regularly do for leisure?:wink:

I bet z3r0c00l makes plenty of dives where the "negligible" risk has been put into perspective.
And if the negligible risk was assumed incorrect and whilst being eaten by the big shark, z3r0c00l realises that this is another dive related death that could have been prevented.

Exactly - you prevent death your whole life until the one you missed gets you. That might be old age, if you are lucky, but for most people it is that bus or fire or last cig that breaks the camels back. I chose to prevent death when possible, without getting in the way of living! But I dont deny that if I die, it was because I took the risk of diving.

Even SMB's don't prevent this, they merely improve your chances.... lots of reports of idiot jetskiers using them to slalom.

Could you provide a link to one of these reports please?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom