Everyone's Reading Metro (Detroit) Book Club - Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started this thread to let the Detroit area SB'ers know about all the presentations, discussions, book signings. Is anyone interested in meeting up at one of the events?

Paula

I just finished the book yesterday & it was awesome. Does anyone one if they will have the hardcover available for purchase this weekend ??? I talked to john chatterton via email a couple days ago to answer some question regarding diving. Fast response as well as a very down to earth guy. Can't wait for this weekend & also hope to meet many more of you Diving Freaks here from SB.

See Ya

Gerry

Paula,

The Canton Library is less than a mile from my house. I'm inclined to go, but 5 April is too far in the future with a trip to Cozumel in early March.....

diver_paula:
I started this thread to let the Detroit area SB'ers know about all the presentations, discussions, book signings. Is anyone interested in meeting up at one of the events?

Paula
I'd be interested. For those of you who read "Shadow Divers" and liked it I think you would also like "The Last Dive" if you haven't already read it. It's written by Bernie Chowdhury and continues the story of Chris and Chrissy Rouse. They are the father and son team that are always bickering back and forth in "Shadow Divers". It gives insite into their scuba background and some of the big wreck dives they've made. Obviously it ends at the U-boat off the coast of Jersey.

SubNavigator:
Paula,

The Canton Library is less than a mile from my house. I'm inclined to go, but 5 April is too far in the future with a trip to Cozumel in early March.....

Then let's touch base when you are back from Cozumel. I work for Visteon so I drive past Canton every weekday. I live across the street from the Southfield Library. & many of the other libraries are close as well.

Paula

motorcitydiver:
I'd be interested. For those of you who read "Shadow Divers" and liked it I think you would also like "The Last Dive" if you haven't already read it. It's written by Bernie Chowdhury and continues the story of Chris and Chrissy Rouse. They are the father and son team that are always bickering back and forth in "Shadow Divers". It gives insite into their scuba background and some of the big wreck dives they've made. Obviously it ends at the U-boat off the coast of Jersey.

Great! Any particular event(s) you are most interested in?

Paula

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom