Everyone kinda looks the same underwater...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have bright yellow accessories! My fins have bright yellow stripes, my mask is outlined in yellow, my snorkel is bright yellow, my dive computer has a bright yellow strap and I use bright yellow zip ties to mark all my gear. I also now have a bright yellow bang-wrangler (to keep my hair out of my face). Anything I can get in bright yellow, I get!! DH has actually commented numerous times that he can always spot me right away. :)

i mark students with same colored bandanas or ducktape on there arms to avoid loosing them. otherwise just find something like a flashlight, fins, tank etc.. that is different than anybody elses in the group.

I've only dived in groups-- vacation diving. So we're all near each other if not snuggling with everyone.

I go to look for my buddy, and...

Holy crap... we all look the same in wetsuits. Especially the guys (sorry guys, but I can at least look for a girl's ponytail if she's got one.)

So how do you guys recognize your buddy if they don't have something unique like white fins or color on their wetsuit?
Maybe consider changing your diving habits just a bit?

For me it is trivial, my divebuddy is the closest diver to me. Mostly my divebuddy is the only other diver insight. We dive as a buddy pair and avoid the troup. Even when we end up in a cluster dive situation we stay well away from the other divers (up, down, left, right, back).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom