Everflex!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have both a 3mm and a 5mm everflex and love both of them. I just finally got my 5mm in a few weeks ago and only have about 6 dives on it, but can tell it's just as good as the 3mm. These suits are super comfortable, and as stated by kev, they are definately durable.

Matt

I thought I'd add my report as I learned about this suit in this thread. I bought a 7mm several months ago. It is extremely flexible. I am able to wear a large even though my chest size should call for an extra large. You really don't need ankle zippers even in the 7mm suit. The suit is very warm, much warmer than the 5 mm Rubatex custom suit I was diving in. And so far it seems very durable and well made. My son's Henderson Hyperstretch looked like hell after 15 or 20 dives. My suit still looks new. All in all, I'm very happy with this suit. I'm not sure I'd spend the extra money if I was buying the 3mm since those are generally flexible enough. But the 7mm is well worth the money.

Well, it's just about the end of the second season for my 7mm. After about 700 dives, it's still comfy and in one piece. Some of the superhero dots are wearing off, and the liner fabric on the inside in the buttular region is becoming thinner, but I am am absolutely amazed and more than happy with it. I'll probably retire it, just because DM's are supposed to wear new stuff, but I really, really still like it. It's worn in like a favorite pair of shoes, it's got character... it's my friend.

"buttular region" - LOL!

I also love my 7mm Everflex-- very durable, great fit, warm and toasty! My only complaint is no skin seal at the neck - hate that cold water rush down my back.

"It is very different than the S-TEC"

Simply curious...what were you not pleased with in the S-TEC? I had been been looking into both this suit and an everflex 7mm for local diving and, based on reviews in this thread and elsewhere, went with the everflex. I made 3 dives in this wetsuit (along with Henderson Hyperstretch 7mm gloves and Hyperstretch 7/5mm hood) this past weekend and WOW! Great fit and flexibility with good thermal quality at 30-60' and 50-62 degrees F. Only at 81' and 44 degrees did I feel chilled...I, however, tend to tolerate cold temps quite well. Seals at wrists and ankles allowed very, very little water into suit. Reassuring to read suit has held up well after 350 dives! I purchased a Henderson Aqua Suede 3mm wetsuit few months ago prior to Cozumel trip and after 16 dives, suits looking much more aged...comfortable suit but wish I had done more research on it's durability prior to dropping the $$$

Back
Top Bottom