Everflex!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubakevdm

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey, just got my new wetsuits in - Scubapro everflexes, and took the 7mm for a spin this morning. I am quite impressed and pleased and do hearby affix the scubakev stamp of approval to them. They stretch well, stay nice and toasty, and look quite sharp to boot. I am replacing Scubapro S-TEC silverskins, which by the way I was not too pleased with. Thank you, that is all.

Well Thank you!

Yeah, the new everflex material is so nice! Its just so flexible, I personally dive dry because im in the North shore waters but I use a Scubapro everflex wetsuit hood that I cut the bib off of, and its just so wonderful without the restrictions of traditional wetsuit material. BARE also has a similar material called SGS.

Scubakev, are you still happy with your Everflex? How's the durability? How warm does it seem compared to a regular suit of the same thickness? Tried one on yesterday and it felt wonderful but I'm wondering--especially about durability--in the light of the price tag. Thanks.

I have a Scubapro Everflex and have reviewed it. It is expensive but gives a fantastic fit. I think its going to be a durable suit. Its very stretchy and I think this will ensure it does not get damaged.

Check out the review here:

http://www.zerovisibility.co.uk/ScubaproEverflex.htm

Scubakevdm:
Hey, just got my new wetsuits in - Scubapro everflexes, and took the 7mm
Hi Kevin!
Well looks like I will be down end of February to take the Benz back to Wisconsin=so that means Dive,Dive,Dive! " This is going to be fun" !! so it looks like you are getting some new toys = NICE ,
Well Hope all is well with the gang,and I will hit you up when I get a ticket & see what type exposure suit to pack.
And looking forward to the Scuba show in spring,
Gee I need to find more cars to bring back and forth to Florida to keep my up with my dive habit !
Brad

Why did you buy the same brand that disappointed you the first time?

because scubapro is one of the most respected brands in the industry.

If it is anything like the Hyperstretch, you will want to be VERY careful with it. Watch how and where you sit, etc.. The Hyperstretch wears out very quick if you are not careful.

Hey! I'm back. Sorry to have neglected the thread, but to answer your questions;
Yes, I'm still quite pleased with my Everflexes. The durability is very good, Iv'e put about 350 dives on the 7mm and about 250 on the 3mm. Both are still going strong, both are still warm and neither is falling apart in any way shape or form.
I decided to stick with an SP suit because I got to see the Exerflex in person at DEMA Miami and was impressed. So it wasn't so much of a brand thing as a wow, that sure looks like a nice wet-suit thing. It is very different than the S-TEC.
It is nothing like the Henderson Hyperstretch, which I'm not a very big fan of. I'm pretty rough on wetsuits.
One thing worth mentioning is that I always apply a dab of Aquaseal at every intersection of the stitching. The Everflexes come pre-dabbed on the inside, but I still went ahead and applied the Aquaseal to the outside intersections. I don't know if this makes any kind of a difference, it's just something I do 'cause I think it's clever.

Back
Top Bottom