ever heard of a wrist mounted analog spg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
with an longer hose and strap you could place it on your left forearm and never need to unclip it to read or worry about finding the gauge in the clutter on your d-rings.

it should be no more an entanglement risk than the light cord on a goodman handle.

although i suppose the rigidity of the hose at high pressures might hinder your arm use.
i never tried this.

has anyone used this??

dt

dtdiver once bubbled...
with an longer hose and strap you could place it on your left forearm and never need to unclip it to read or worry about finding the gauge in the clutter on your d-rings.

it should be no more an entanglement risk than the light cord on a goodman handle.

although i suppose the rigidity of the hose at high pressures might hinder your arm use.
i never tried this.

has anyone used this??

dt

You really shouldn't have to worry about finding your gauge, if it's properly clipped, as shown by this elegant gentleman:http://www.baue.org/images/galleries/view_photo.php?set_albumName=equipment&id=diverfrontlight

I've seen some people attach the gauge to their corrugated hose. Let me see if I can find the link.

According to their site they don't just do it right, they do it better... :rolleyes:

than mine!!

and look at the size of the head....

on the spg!!

i presently have a 32" hose on the spg, but after examining these images (esp the philtech link)., i see what could be some beneficial alterations.

i currently have a scubapro "mini" spg with a 1 1/2 inch face, and at depth and in the dark i have a hard time reading it.

but attached to the corrugated hose certainly looks functional, and a larger face on the spg would likely help with the legibility issues.

are there any drawbacks to this location though?

dt

This was discussed here

Clipping and unclipping my SPG was challenging for about 2 dives. Plus I probably look at it 3 times per dive, so no biggie.

Back
Top Bottom