Wrist or Hose Mount for Pelagic Puck Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NW Dive Dawg

SDI / TDS Solo Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So going through some of my old "stuff" and found these three puck computers. One Sherwood Source, a Sherwood Re-Source and a US Divers Matrix.. These were my wife and my primary computers from about 1997 up till about 2018 when we went to Oceanic Pro Plus 3's which we use now.. They always worked flawlessly but were getting a bit harder to read as we got older. Plus we wanted air integration and nitrox options.....and the read-out numbers on the Oceanic's are huge and easy to read.

Anyway, I just replaced the batteries in all three with new o-rings and they all appear to be working fine. I'm diving tomorrow and planning to put all three of these in my BC pocket, after activating, and see if they all check out. I have every reason to believe that they will.....

The issue is that I want to have these as a back-up just in case of a failure of my Oceanic... What I can't seem to find in searching is a hose or wrist mount that will accommodate any of these. The Matrix is 2 1/8 diameter and the Sherwood's are 2 3/8 diameter. The only hose or wrist mounts I can find are for 1 3/4in computers and analog depth gauges. Any ideas? Thanks in advance..

colnlBL.jpg

Hose clamp and some bungee cord.

Also have used abs quick repair coupling. The inner rubber piece is often the right size... I might have a picture if you're interested

Came across this other thread you might find useful. You'll just have to measure your devices and they'll be able to design a mount.

Hey Thanks for the responses! Much appreciated!

So going through some of my old "stuff" and found these three puck computers. One Sherwood Source, a Sherwood Re-Source and a US Divers Matrix.. These were my wife and my primary computers from about 1997 up till about 2018 when we went to Oceanic Pro Plus 3's which we use now.. They always worked flawlessly but were getting a bit harder to read as we got older. Plus we wanted air integration and nitrox options.....and the read-out numbers on the Oceanic's are huge and easy to read.

Anyway, I just replaced the batteries in all three with new o-rings and they all appear to be working fine. I'm diving tomorrow and planning to put all three of these in my BC pocket, after activating, and see if they all check out. I have every reason to believe that they will.....

The issue is that I want to have these as a back-up just in case of a failure of my Oceanic... What I can't seem to find in searching is a hose or wrist mount that will accommodate any of these. The Matrix is 2 1/8 diameter and the Sherwood's are 2 3/8 diameter. The only hose or wrist mounts I can find are for 1 3/4in computers and analog depth gauges. Any ideas? Thanks in advance..

colnlBL.jpg
(Sorry I do not have dimensions for mine. ) I was in a similar situation when I obtained an aqua lung i300 for free. It was in a console but I wanted wrist. A watch band for a compass made an excellent option. Got it from DRI or LP or ? Snug but works. Only $20.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom