Ever dive the wooden shipwreck directly off the oceanfront golf course in Boca?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the eternal dredging, anything shallow has long been buried. Boca had some phenomenal lobster spots that all all gone. Sometimes things pop back out though. I'm never shallower than 92' feet if I can help it, so I'm not much help.
You may be correct. I was, however, surprised at how this particular wreck could be completely buried one year and then exposed the next. The first time I went there it was just the concrete pipe laying in the sand. We had no idea that there was a wreck underneath it. We speared a bunch of nice snappers including a pretty big Cubera from inside the pipe. For about a year we would visit the spot and we called it "The Pipe".

Then, only a couple months later, we went back there and to my surprise there was the hull of a wooden wreck with that same pipe laying across the stern sitting on top of the rubble & beams. It was a pretty cool surprise :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom