Event: Blue Spring Dive & Lunch (6SEP)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Selrahc

Contributor
Reaction score
Event: Blue Spring Dive :)
Cost: $10 for divers. *** Please see notes for details.
Date / Time: Saturday Sep 6, 8:00 AM- Whenever
Dive Type: Spring, Dive to 60ft Max
Event Updated: 28 Aug

Info:

This event is to do a dive or 2 at Blue Spring. The spring is located in the Blue Spring State Park in Orange City. The event is scheduled for 8:00AM.

Blue Spring is a nice state park. The park opens at 8AM. In order to dive we must check in as a group! The meeting point is at the main enterance of the park at the ranger station. We will pull off to the side right after the gate. We will be checking in at 8:30 AM so please be prompt :). In order to check in to dive you must have a dive partner, so please try to be here for the check-in. After check-in we will procede into the park to grab parking and a picnic spot. In the water after set-up. The earlier we get in the water for the first dive the better. Amenities include restrooms, a small store, camping, picnic tables, canoe rentals and of corse swimming and scuba!

For the non-divers, this is a great swimming hole. The swimming is nice at both the spring head and the spring run exit. The run itself is about 400 ft long. Family and children are welcome as long as there is a non-diver that will be watching them.

Blue Spring is a Mag 1 spring with an extremely large flow volume. The water temperature is a constant 72 degrees. A wetsuit is strongly recommended for divers. We will only be going down to as deep as the 60ft depth mark this visit, which is the OW limit for this dive. (This isnt a cave dive this time.)

This park is maintained by the state. We may do a small cleanup of our staging area if needed, but the park has been in great condition every time I have been onsite.

We may or may not do 2 dives. If you have a spare tank feel free to bring it.
After diving we can either enjoy a picnic locally or hit up a local eatery to discuss the day’s dive.

Here is the tentative schedule:

* 8:00 AM Arrive & Meet at the public park enterance. Check-in as a group at 8:30 AM * Enjoy a dive or 2
* Eat. Decision on food after will be made prior to the event. Keep an eye on the discussion thread for more info!
* Wrap up whenever

About Location:

A nice start park located in Orange City. 2100 West French Avenue, Orange City, Florida 32763. Open 8AM to Dusk. Amenities include restrooms, a small store, camping, picnic tables, canoe rentals, swimming and scuba! Please see the park’s website for additional information about the park.

Fees:

If you plan on diving, the fee is $10 plus tax. This also covers your vehicle entrance fee. If you have non-divers in the car with you the fee is $1 for each non-diver.
If you bring a car and no one in the car dives, the fee is $5 + $1 per non-diving passenger.

Map of location: GOOGLE MAPS

The official website of the Blue Spring State Park can be found here, along with directions: Blue Spring State Park Homepage.

Please RSVP in advance and add your input on Lunch Options after the dive.
Look forward to seeing you there!

~ Sel

For information on this and other dive events sponsored by BOaT, please click on the Central Florida Scuba Group link in my signature!

Last edited:
You have to meet with all the divers in the group at the gate.
All divers must log in as a group.
If you have a state of Florida park pass it is free to dive.

A cook out between dives works best if you want to get in 2 dives. (you got to grab one of the grills early)

Thanks for the info Littlejohn. I was not aware that everyone had to check in as a group at the park enterance. I will shift the plans for this dive around. I will update the event accordingly.

I did call a few days ago to ask and they are open. I was told it was only closed the weekend after Fay.

~ Sel

Thanks for the info Littlejohn. I was not aware that everyone had to check in as a group at the park enterance. I will shift the plans for this dive around. I will update the event accordingly.

I did call a few days ago to ask and they are open. I was told it was only closed the weekend after Fay.

~ Sel

Every diver must have at least 1 partner at check-in,:14: but we could have several groups of divers. that is not uncommon. know that if a cave or cavern certified diver is in a group with an open water diver, they all have to dive by open water rules :)(no lights:no).

as of now you can count me in. :lotsalove:

Hey Fox,

Do you think 8:30 for checkin time is good or is that too early?

I don't know the details as this is my first time diving at this location. Im really hoping someone attends that has been diving here before so I know what to expect. I've swam here but not dive.

I did know that you had to have at least 1 partner at check-in though.

~ Sel

Hey Fox,

Do you think 8:30 for checkin time is good or is that too early? Sel

An early start is good, as the park fills fast.

I agree with Lil' John, an early start usually works best, esp. since we need to make sure we get a BBQ pit. Those who have longer drives can arrive later, but since the park often fills up on the weekends, I suggest 8:00 meet, that usually puts you in the parking lot about 8:30-8:45 (after signing in and allowing for those who are a little late).

If you want to do lunch between dives, here is the beginning of a list of stuff people will need to bring:

burgers, dogs, or brats,
charcoal & lighter
cooking tools
plates
napkins
forks
buns
Catchup, mustard, etc.

Sounds good. Afternoon BBQ it is then. Please reply with this list and add your name next to what you will be bringing. Thanks!!!

Burgers, Dogs, or Brats - Sel (some Burgers & Dogs)
Charcoal & lighter
Cooking tools
Napkins, Forks, Plates
Buns
Catchup, mustard, etc.
Drinks - Sel (Some Drinks)

Also, I have 2 non-diver guests that will come if there are other non-divers coming.
~ Sel

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom