Evening/Morning - UK Female seeks Guidance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

What's the budget and duration. I would plump for the referral and go do it in the Maldives. Lagoon condition for the in water exercises. If you had 10 days to spare I would go and do the whole thing there, referrals tend to make it more pricey. The other important thing is that the islands are small you will tend to see the same people at the dive shop, in the bar and in the restaurant all the time, very easy place to make some friends and you can allways escape to your room if you need to. Above all I have never come across an unfriendly Maldivean or even other guest (well maybe one)

Neil

Seascorp,
I hope you're getting all your needed information here.
Also, would you please post another hello in the
"Introductions and Greetings" forum so that you can
get a proper ScubaBoard Welcome.

Tom

Traveling to a dive resort alone can be a drag, more challenging for a woman, perhaps.

Your Local Dive Shops (LDSs) will sponsor group trips, and of course, we have the Singles forum here where you can discuss this with other singels. That forum is surprisingly quiet, except for some silliness, but you're welcome there, too. :crafty:

Thank you so much for all of the advice and suggestions about what to do, its made me feel a lot more positive about getting it sorted as soon as possible!! :D

I know a few people asked for budget and holiday time available - My budget is about £1500 and I can take upto 3 weeks off, hope this helps with further advice which is greatly appreciated.

Seascorp:
Thank you so much for all of the advice and suggestions about what to do, its made me feel a lot more positive about getting it sorted as soon as possible!! :D

I know a few people asked for budget and holiday time available - My budget is about £1500 and I can take upto 3 weeks off, hope this helps with further advice which is greatly appreciated.
Okay, that opens up a lot of possibilities...

You could do the classroom and confined water work there - with Padi being the easiest to find there and elsewhere both, then do the referral to checkout dives lots of places this winter.

I don't know anything about travel from there to the Med or Red, but - there are many off-season periods in the winter when travel to the US is economical. You might consider flights to Miami, with 2 days in checkout dives and a few more days to enjoy your new license. We have a number of members on the Florida forum who could help with logistics.

Your Introduction was moved to the UK forum, but you are welcome all over the board. See you around... :D

Welcome!
Why not do the course in the uk and then do a liveaboard in the red sea?
Red Sea liveaboards are within your budget and, IMO, great value-for-money.

Another thing to consider is the exchange rates; right now the Swedes are using US currency in place of paper towels.:bawling:
A little looking around will show what comparative exchange rates are. See: http://home.pacbell.net/k8x/calc.htm for currency & time zone conversions.
Right now:
1 GBP = 1.86 USD
1 EUR = 1.29 USD
A good deal for travelers going to places that charge in USD,
bad for importers in the USA (like me) :wtf:

mmmm... Red Sea liveaboard, that has appeal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom