Even I Cringed A Little

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is not my post it's from another forum but along the lines of this forum. what are some thoughts on this?

Hello. I am staying in Juan Dolio in the month of Aug. Most of the dive shops I have found are in Boca Chica or Bayahibe. I only have about 10 dives under me in the 6 yrs that I have been certified. I am looking for a shop that will not have cattle boats, and will allow for me and my 2 uncertified friends to do a couple dives. I tend to come here and to tripadvisor to do research, but havent had much luck. I have read the dive shop at our hotel-Coral Costa, isnt good, and I cant find anything about them online. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated!

Just for kicks and grins I have a hypoythetical scenario question for you:

As an operator, would you rather take a boatload of brand new certified divers out with shiney new cards?,
Or a boatload of crusty old salts, none with under 1000 dives, none of them with any card at all, but all of them with years of local diving experience, and maybe some of them using double hoses with no BC's or SPG?
Of course I realize liability would prevent you from taking the old salts out, but in a perfect world what you would prefer, which group it be.

No brainer....a boatload of beautiful young scantily clad women with father issues... ok...Grandfater issues....who'd care about any stupid cards then?

This is not my post it's from another forum but along the lines of this forum. what are some thoughts on this?

Hello. I am staying in Juan Dolio in the month of Aug. Most of the dive shops I have found are in Boca Chica or Bayahibe. I only have about 10 dives under me in the 6 yrs that I have been certified. I am looking for a shop that will not have cattle boats, and will allow for me and my 2 uncertified friends to do a couple dives. I tend to come here and to tripadvisor to do research, but havent had much luck. I have read the dive shop at our hotel-Coral Costa, isnt good, and I cant find anything about them online. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated!

although this post sounds ridiculous, if he was looking for a dive op with an instructor that would give his two friends a discover scuba, while he tags along, then it is much more reasonable.

I went out on a dive in Mexico last year with my uncertified friend. He went for a quick lecture and pool session with the instructor while I hung out on the beach, then the 3 of us went on the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom