European supply of vintage scuba parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joris Vd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows a reliable source to get vintage scuba parts in Europe?
(double hoses for aqua master, membranes,diaphragms) anything helps basically.

I know many will just point me to VDH, and I love the quality parts at VDH, but the ridiculous custom charged+ initial high shipping just make it a non option for me.
The customs just go overboard everytime I order there. They change the value of dollar to euro on a 1/1 rate and add the shipping to the value of the package. that means on a 150 dollar shipment (which was 120 dollars in items, 32 shipping) I ended up paying 80 euros customs. That's why I'm in need of a European alternative, if there is one.

With kind regards,
Joris

Outside ebay, I don't see any alternative...

The customs just go overboard everytime I order there. They change the value of dollar to euro on a 1/1 rate and add the shipping to the value of the package. that means on a 150 dollar shipment (which was 120 dollars in items, 32 shipping) I ended up paying 80 euros customs. That's why I'm in need of a European alternative, if there is one.

For the EU, its actually the VAT (20%) that's the main additional expense. Customs is only about 2.5%. Then the courier also wants to charge you 2.5% for paying VAT and Customs on your behalf ...

If you buy locally you still have to pay VAT, unless its used.

US prices often seem a lot less if you are shopping from Europe, but remember that US retailers prices are before Sales Taxes. Sales Tax is added at checkout. Smaller retailers like VDH only have to charge Sales taxes if they are shipping inside the State where they are based. Out of State and Exports don't attract Sales Tax (for US Constitutional reasons !). So you should expect to pay VAT when you import into the EU, unless there is a de minimus exception in your country.

Last edited:
Have you looked at vintage groups in Facebook?. I am a member of a couple. Most of the members are in your AO. I assuming some parts are sourced there.

Back
Top Bottom