erparamedic is on notice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wb416:
what a buzz kill... I thought coming to this forum meant having fun, not all the negativity that can be had elsewhere. Sheesh...

No worries wb, it is just in fun and at the expense of one of our own. We do poke a bit of fun at DIR here and there (as well as at ourselves), but hopefully it will always be with a smile. :D And on those occasions when it doesn't go that way, we do a pretty good job of reminding the Dork poster that it should be. :no

We're not anti-anything except those that would harsh our mellow, strictly pro fun.

Hey I wrote the book on Dorkdom, just look at the photo in the gallery of my gear. However my Pink snorkel and mask are gone, alas...but I now have a blue mask and snorkel, provides a little variety from all the Pink.

wb416:
what a buzz kill... I thought coming to this forum meant having fun, not all the negativity that can be had elsewhere. Sheesh...

It is all about having fun. We poke fun at everyone, including ourselves. Our primary goal in this forum is to expose your inner dork, let the dork out to roam around and relax. Sure we don’t drink Kool-Aid (unless its spiked), we prefer other beverages after our dives. We love to experiment with gear, we are willing to try anything (safely) once.

Mostly we like hijacking threads (here in our own forum), luring in the unsuspecting DIR/GUE divers and exposing them to the fun side of diving. Using our secret dork decoder rings, we can tell many of the so-called hard core DIR/GUE divers actually have fun diving and visiting this forum. Some even dare to post here.

More importantly, you are required to have a sense of humor to really embrace the inner dork. We welcome you to the true inner sanctum of dork divers!

BTW, I dig that scooter!
Dave

WB and Penny are true dorks at heart! (Hehee... they have fun, and that's the BIG requirement!) I've been diving with both, and can't wait to do it again. And, hey.... I've got a mind of my own, ya know! Just cause I dive with someone that has gear that's cooler than mine, doesn't mean I'm going to be lured. :wink:

Oh... and Penny's scooter tows were a BLAST! One of these days, I'll have pics to post... probably after I finish up the film on Friday. (I will be diving with TG... it'll be her 100th dive! Woot!)

wb416:
I understand from talking to penny that ScubUNO's great for working on buoyancy control and bit more exciting than staring at the same chain link for 45 minutes (back when I went to school we had to walk 5 miles in the snow, up hill both ways)

You should put a decal on your scooter saying "you're a dork". I bet the DIR people are gonna flood you real good. :D

When are you guys coming to SoCal? WB416, Penny, TG (she scares me, I'm a horrible scrabble player! But I like dominoes!) and Eparmedic need to visit us out here. Ber Rabbit is coming in November for the Wrinkles Catalina dive, imagine the fun if the rest of you showed up!

Dave

RoyN:
You should put a decal on your scooter saying "you're a dork". I bet the DIR people are gonna flood you real good. :D

I stopped worrying or caring about what others thought of my gear since 2002/2003. :D

The only groups from any "factions" that I dive with are ones that have fun! I don't have time for dive curmudgeons! :lotsalove:

If I had a "you're a dork" sticker, I'm sure I could find a place on my scooter. :D Or better yet, how about "I'm with DORK!" :dork2:

Teamcasa:
When are you guys coming to SoCal? WB416, Penny, TG (she scares me, I'm a horrible scrabble player! But I like dominoes!) and Eparmedic need to visit us out here. Ber Rabbit is coming in November for the Wrinkles Catalina dive, imagine the fun if the rest of you showed up!

Dave

I'm allergic to SoCal... land of my birth... prefer the slow pace of the midwest! :D

Back
Top Bottom