eRDPml PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Brant

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Going through DM eLearning with PADI and a number of the assessment questions require the use of the eRDPml. I'm getting less and less impressed by PADI over time but this is a new low. Do many people own this silly device? If PADI was at all serious about it being useful it would be an app, not a 70s-vintage calculator. I looked on-line for a calculator as well but there are none. What's the story here? Do most DM candidates take the assessment with an instructor looking on that has one of these devices?

PADI isn't selling the physical eRDPml anymore. You can now buy / get the calculator in the PADI app.

I'm not a 100% sure if this is a PADI wide thing, or just the dive school I work for, but are you sure you don't have a card with a code on it in your divemaster crew pack? That should unlock it.

EDIT: Code should be in the crew pack: DIVEMASTER CREW PACK WITH OUT PRO BAG

I have not gotten the crew pack. I'm doing the e-learning in advance of the rest of the training and I opted to get the pack when I show up for the in-person stuff. May have been a mistake. I did look at the PADI ios apps though and none of them mention a calculator or planner. Hard to understand why the training would refer to something so grossly out-of-date.

I have not gotten the crew pack. I'm doing the e-learning in advance of the rest of the training and I opted to get the pack when I show up for the in-person stuff. May have been a mistake. I did look at the PADI ios apps though and none of them mention a calculator or planner. Hard to understand why the training would refer to something so grossly out-of-date.
Well, that's were the code is .. :) Maybe the dive center can already send you the code.

Yes I can have them do that. I don't get why the tool would be locked up like that. Totally silly. Thank you!

Not only that... You're never gonna use it in real life ...

When you catch up with the materials, you'll find the app version of the eRDPml easy to use and better than using a table, because it allows multi-level and it is in 5 ft increments, not 10. It is actually a calculator/digital version of the Wheel, not of the original tables.

You can also just use the tables, no?

Oh, nevermind. Read above.

Technically you are supposed to use the tables for some questions and the eRDPml for some questions. I tried to answer the eRDPml questions using the tables, but it gets tricky for multiple dives that fall in-between the table vales, for example 47' for 33 minutes. There are a few questions that have answer choices that are just too close to call.

Going through DM eLearning with PADI and a number of the assessment questions require the use of the eRDPml. I'm getting less and less impressed by PADI over time but this is a new low. Do many people own this silly device? If PADI was at all serious about it being useful it would be an app, not a 70s-vintage calculator. I looked on-line for a calculator as well but there are none. What's the story here? Do most DM candidates take the assessment with an instructor looking on that has one of these devices?

You should try this........had to not only be proficient but be able to teach it......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom