ER1 on Suunto Cobra 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am new here but will ditto the feelings of KrisB and Glewbel I have 5 full sets of gear for teaching purposes and 2 Cobra 2's both 4-5 years old and both with almost identical usage or storage times on them-never dropped, abused, flooded, left in heat etc. Suunto was working with Aqualung and shops pushing these hard in 2007-2008 to get these into the hands of instructors at very favorable prices so our staff of contract instructors loaded up on these and I pushed them to my students. I change my batteries once a year depending on number of dives. Two days ago I got an ER1 on one but the other booted up OK. Two other instructors had the problem but I guess I thought I dodged a bullet. Then I hit Scuba Board and find this sweet little thread. I'm holding my breath (not ascending so it's OK) on the good one for time being. I noticed over a 20 year teaching period that most students who like their instructors want to buy the gear we are diving in. I'd also note that as the Dive Training Sergeant for the Harris County Sheriff's Office I go to DEMA and look at the shiny new toys to decide on what gear we equip our team with. On both counts as a teacher/role model and a bulk institutional buyer, Suunto can count me out on their computers from here on out. A contrast is in order-I have three Aeris computers and when one malfunctioned they replaced the module out of warranty for the price of the shipping. The Aeris tech people told me flat out they had problems with the module that would be addressed in the next generation but they were willing to go the extra mile for their customers. OK, this time I am NNOT holding my breath while hoping that Suunto will do the right thing on a low cost upgrade.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom