Equipment Insurance (for Canadians)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My homeowner's insurance covers my diving gear, with the caveat that I use it for "fun" only. In other words (their words), "if you use it to make money, then you have to get different insurance" The same insurance covers my house, contents, bicycles, musical intruments, tools, and diving gear.

Call your insurance provider. You may already have coverage for your dive gear.

Same here ....

Condo insurance covers my diving gear, for a minimal fee.

Hi,

My boyfriend just invested in quite a bit of underwater camera equipment and we're looking to have it insured for our upcoming travels. His underwater housing came with a brochure for an American insurance policy (D.E.P.P. - Diver's Equipment Protection Plan). We haven't been able to find a Canadian equivalent. The coverage recommended by DAN sounded great... until I read it only covered US residents.

We are moving out of the country for 8 months so we don't have Homeowners' or Renters' insurance either.

Has anyone found coverage for Canadians?

Thanks!

I insured my u/w camera and housing with DEPP... despite being a Canadian. Because amount $XX covered up to $XXXX, I also was able to insure my regulator and computer, too. (All this at the full MSRP.) If you find something *local*, please do share. I'd like to insure with a Canadian company.

Hi,

Thanks for your post. We contacted DEPP about covering Canadian residents and they replied with a hopelessly vague e-mail: "We cover worldwide." I e-mailed back to get them to clarify if they meant they cover Americans travelling worldwide or if they cover 'worldwide residents'. We also left a voicemail but haven't heard back.

At this point it looks like we'll be using DEPP. I can't seem to find any Canadian companies.

~Andrea

I didn't find them to be terribly accessible but when I did get someone on the phone at DEPP, they were helpful. I do recall leaving a voicemail and while it wasn't within a few hours, someone did get back to me within 24.

I use WILLIS Insurance out here in BC. They are a dive industry insurance provider cost a bit more but well worth the money. covers your gear wherever you are. from theft, damage etc.

there website addrress is: wrsdi.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom