Equipment from Spain - Purchasing from Diveinn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CATHY BENTO

Reaction score
Has anyone purchase diving equipment from "Diveinn" located in Spain. Is the equipment authentic or is it a cheap imitation?

Hi Cathy,

I too have noticed the low prices offered by diveinn. I have asked this question both here and on scubadiving.com and received almost no responses. See the following thread from here on scubaboard.com for some comments I received from an indirect friend regarding diveinn -- it is first quality stuff with FULL MFR'S. WARRANTY -- no gray market. Bottom line, we in the US appear to be paying a high mark-up for stuff made in Europe, namely Suunto (great computers) and Apeks (great regulators) products.

I was also at a wreck diving show here in the Boston area today and spoke with a guy who had just ordered an Apeks TX-50 reg though diveinn -- he said it was scheduled to arrive in about a week.

Hope this is helpful.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?threadid=1275

I posted a related question on a mailing list I post to and recieved off-list the recommendation of someone who shopped there and recieved good service and gear. The only thing he warned me about (and I've heard this other places) is that a couple of weeks after getting your order you will usaully recieve a customs bill for import duties(?) but this is usaully fairly small (ie $20.00 - $30.00)).

Again I have NOT purchased anything from them but what little I have heard leads me to believe that you'll probably be ok shopping there.

I have thought about buying some Apeks regs from them but am currently looking into some other stateside sources that I would be more comfortable with.

Hope you find this helpful,
Sam

Cathy

There's another Spanish online diving store which prices are fair and they work pretty well.
I've already ordered stuff from them, and everything went fine - they have even replaced something I didn't like free of mail charges.
They're @:
www.cascoantiguo.com

I'm not sure if they have an English version of the site, but if you take a look under "tienda" (shop) you can view images and gear specs.

Cheers

Sue

Cathy,

One other thought -- the same source that recommended diveinn to me also recommended Simplyscuba.com -- on online dive shop based in the UK. Their prices are very similar to diveinn.

Cathy....

I got your e-mail but I can't reply because you set your settings so no one can e-mail you through the boards. I will just reply here.....

I've bought my Apeks TX50 W/ TX40 Octo and a Cobra computer from them about month ago and had no problems what so ever. No assembly or nothing...Of course you have to connect your Cobra to your HP port on your first stage and hook up your Octo to the LP port on the first stage but that is something you can do your self though. Please e-mail me at aardal22@hotmail.com if you have any more questions.....Oh no problems with customs either. If they have the items in stock then you usually get your order within 3-4 days through DHL. Good Luck and I hope this helps.

Aardal
:tree:

I am also planning to purchase some equipment from
diveinn.com within the next 2 weeks.

For your info:
I called UPS to find out what the issue is about taxes.

UPS - customs
502-485-2876

They told me:
That scuba equipment
(anything that goes with me underwater)
is duty free.
However, there is a $20 brokerage fee(?).

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom