Epic photo contest 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_Bella_

Contributor
Reaction score
Are there any posters here that have placed in EPIC 2005?
I've always looked at EPIC as a decent contest to enter in until I actually placed! They have taken MONTHS to even reply that my photo had won, and then only after I emailed them several times. When they did finally respond that my image had won, the prize was a huge disappointment. I wasn't expecting a lifetime room and board on the Bilikiki, but looking at their sponsorship I have to wonder what prizes were available at all? I know of several 1st and second place winners that got little more than a trophy, which is a little dismal considering sponsorship from several SEAsia dive resorts, live aboards, airlines, dive, and photo equipment companies. I have to wonder if any of the contestants won any prize better than a trophy? Does anyone here know?

I was quite pleased to exchange my entry fees in support of the scholarship fund for a chance to win a reasonable prize. But the taste in my mouth is now so soured by their lack of communication and organization that I don't think it's worth the effort to enter in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom