Epcot DiveQuest...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flstarfish44

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone recently done the Epcot DiveQuest at the Living Seas? I've seen plenty of reviews of it posted out here so I was wondering...I'd like to do it in the next week or two. Just wondering how the conditions were, and were there enough animals in the tank? (Sometimes they can have several sharks in "the back" getting acclimated to people diving around them.) Or if there were any other things noticed by recent divers that could be informative, I would love to hear it.

I'd hate to spend the money only to find out it would have been better if I'd have waited a month or two for some reason.

Thanks in advance!!! :D

You won't regret the experience! I say book it! I'll be back for my 2nd DiveQuest in August... this time, hubby and I are bringing my parents along (also divers)!

When hubby and I was there in December, there were 9 sharks in the tank with us! Every time we turned our heads, we saw sharks. Two of them were about 9 feet long and would cruise up right beside us. Awesome feeling!

You can read my DiveQuest experience here: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=170868&highlight=divequest

flstarfish44:
Has anyone recently done the Epcot DiveQuest at the Living Seas? I've seen plenty of reviews of it posted out here so I was wondering...I'd like to do it in the next week or two. Just wondering how the conditions were, and were there enough animals in the tank? (Sometimes they can have several sharks in "the back" getting acclimated to people diving around them.) Or if there were any other things noticed by recent divers that could be informative, I would love to hear it.

I'd hate to spend the money only to find out it would have been better if I'd have waited a month or two for some reason.

Thanks in advance!!! :D
Right now the winds have been high and constant making for large waves and difficult diving conditions. The water temps haven't warmed up all that much either, keeping the pelagics away. I hear that two of their three boats are down for maintenance making all trips cattle boats. All seriousness aside, the only variable I've ever seen there was when they "overhauled" the Living Seas a couple of years back and I don't think they had any diving at that time. Last time I dove there was six months ago. Other than the seasonal air temps and crowds it's a fairly consistent experience. Go on the 4:15 dive if you want a little more time in EPCOT after the dive. Oh yeah, you might want to avoid doing DiveQuest if the "Coral Reef" restaurant is closed for refurbishing; interacting with the chow hounds is one of the highlights of the dive.

Go have fun, I promise you won't be dissapitned with the expereicne... the fish are alright, the sharks are alright, the people are awesome

flstarfish44:
F106A, I have to admit, your post was a damn funny one! :)
You go girl! I'm impressed with your grasp of superior, if subtle, creativity, politesse and all around yuks. BTW, let them know you're a NAUI or AAA card holder (~10-15% discount, I think).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom