Eon Steel Psi Reading Remains Even After Removing The Reg From The Tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Not sure if it's a coincidence or something is no longer working with the computer. Before the latest firmware update after shutting off the tank valve and purging all pressure the Computer read (_ _)psi all good. Since the firmware update even after removing the reg from the tank and in the wash tank still reads 9 psi and if the alarm is set to on for tank pressure the alarm goes off even while not in dive mode.
I thought maybe the POD was defective as it kept on transmitting even after all pressure was removed, I tried another POD and it read 2 psi with the same result as previously mentioned. I tried a factory reset same thing.
The answer I got from SUUNTO was that the POD transmits for 5 minutes after purging and that probably it reads 9 or 2 psi because of a slight offset. I could live with this explanation had the computer never worked properly before, but it did. So just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. Thanks, Frank

Yes,

Mine works the same. I don't know if that was what it did before or not but, currently it shows 2 PSI until the transmitter "goes to sleep". Took about 6 minutes to get to the (--) thing.

Hope that gives you the "warm fuzzy" that you were looking for.

Back
Top Bottom