Eon Steel Lockup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is my attempt at the DM5 screenshot of my wife's dive that I was on when my Eon Steel locked up.

Attachments

• Dive 2-10-2022 St. Vincent.png
    Dive 2-10-2022 St. Vincent.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 117
Hi @afdgf

It would seem impossible that you could exceed NDL with that profile. Let us know if you get feedback from Suunto
I sent the eon steel back to Utah service center for the Buhlman upgrade. It showed a system error. I took it back to the LDS and they sent it back to Utah. Suunto sent the LDS a new eon steel black which I just picked up from the LDS.

Can anyone comment on whether the Eon Steel with the Buhlmann upgrade or the Eon Steel Black will still lock you out for misbehaving? It seems the Eon Steel goes for several hundred less than the Shearwater Perdix on the used market. I might be OK with giving up the user-replaceable battery for the savings but the first time I get locked out I'd lose my mind. To me, it's unacceptable for something that expensive to turn into a brick under any condition.

I sent the eon steel back to Utah service center for the Buhlman upgrade. It showed a system error. I took it back to the LDS and they sent it back to Utah. Suunto sent the LDS a new eon steel black which I just picked up from the LDS.
Then the strangest thing happened. Several months after I got the new eon steel black from the LDS, Suunto sent me another brand new eon steel black in my original rubber boot that I had sent into Utah. So now I have two new eon steel blacks. I am still trying to figure that one out.

Can anyone comment on whether the Eon Steel with the Buhlmann upgrade or the Eon Steel Black will still lock you out for misbehaving? It seems the Eon Steel goes for several hundred less than the Shearwater Perdix on the used market. I might be OK with giving up the user-replaceable battery for the savings but the first time I get locked out I'd lose my mind. To me, it's unacceptable for something that expensive to turn into a brick under any condition.
I have not had the Eon Steel with the Buhlman algorithm lock up and I have done some stupid things with it.

Then the strangest thing happened. Several months after I got the new eon steel black from the LDS, Suunto sent me another brand new eon steel black in my original rubber boot that I had sent into Utah. So now I have two new eon steel blacks. I am still trying to figure that one out.
Wow! The last time I had something like that happen I contacted the company. They said we're sorry for the mix up. You don't need to send anything back to us, it was our mistake. I guess you'll have one for each arm now!

I have not had the Eon Steel with the Buhlman algorithm lock up and I have done some stupid things with it.
Thank you. That's good to hear! If it's not an issue anymore I guess we'll see what the used market has to offer between now and my next dive trip.

The Eons will lock up if the user intentionally (or accidentally) set them to Gauge mode.

From the manual:

After diving in Gauge mode, decompression calculation is locked for 48 hours. If during this time you dive again in Air/Nitrox mode, the dive algorithm and the decompression calculation will not be available and Locked will be shown on the screen

I see no need to ever set my Eon to gauge mode.

Back
Top Bottom