English language under threat, Wreck Ferrets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

damn! should have got that English to Australian dictionary - we could have had some fun there and really confused the Seppos!

It's always amusing when the Brits get together out here as most of the Japanese have learnt there English via the US - confuses the hell out of most of them.... We are educating them though.

I went to see Snatch in the cinema - must have been the only Brit there as I was the only one laughing. Now I must go and see Goldmember.....

Jonathan

Just curious, would you say "I drived to work this morning" or "I drove to work this morning"?

OK, so would the bus driver say "I drived Aquamaniac to work this morning" or "I drove Aquamaniac to work this morning"?

And I would agree with the bus driver.

Are you a Atlantian living in Oz, or the other way round?

Have you given up Vegemite for biscuits and grits in the morning?

Nah, Im Trying to hang onto a bit of self esteem, I had care packages sent every other month

Scuba Jim once bubbled...
Yes, I did mean properly. And without the like....

I am prone to bouts of bad English, when, you know, I can't sort of, like, err..... write proper(ly). Like.

Sort of, well, errr, a bit like errr.... George Dubya when he's like sort of asked a question on the hoof.

Jim

I think you'll find you mean 'correctly'.

Ian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom