eneloop batteries? where to get them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I have my new z240 strobe and due to weather I have not had a chance to dive it yet. I went looking for the eneloop batteries today (trip planned on sunday). I do not seem to find them (unless I do not know what I am looking for). I see all kinds of NiMH batteries by energizer, duracell, etc, but none that say eneloop or the HR-3UTG. I found H6? I went to lowes, best buy, and walmart. I have energizer 1.2 v NiMH batteries I have used in my older AF35 stobe. It saws those are compatible, but not the recommended type. Where can I find the eneloop batteries and what are the common brand names I may see? (FWIW I live in Raleigh, NC)

Thanks

I used to buy mine at Costco, because you could get the 16pack for about $25. Unfortunately, all my local one carries now is an eight pack with a bunch of C & D converters and a charger for $29. Might try your local store for the AA only multipack.

Third vote for Thomas and second for the Imedions. For any of the low internal discharge batteries make sure that your charger can run at LOW enough currents. Most manufacturers of these batteries suggest to charge at no more than 40% of their rated power meaning 500 mA or less. The LaCrosse chargers can do this quite easily, most other chargers will be trouble.
Bill

The Duracell "Precharged" brand works fine in my Inon strobe and is essentially the same cell as the Sanyo Eneloop. I have both and use both interchangeably. The Duracell "Precharged" is easy to find at Wally World and other places and can be gotten with a charger which also charges the Eneloops just fine.

N

Hey All ! We get ours at DepotEco.com. Free Shipping and excellent service.. Also they are A + Rated on Amazon and with the BBB. Most times I get my eneloops in 3 days or less as they ship USPS Priority Mail Standard. For you that like to shop with your Amazon account you can also see DepotEco's eneloop line at Ecobatteries.net

As Nemrod has posted, the pre-charged Duracell rechargeable is the nearly if not the same battery as the enloops.

When I am using them every day I prefer the higher output Duracell rechargeables; the ones you have to charge before using the first time. The times I use the pre-charged batteries is when the batteries sit around a few days after charging. Lower output but they hold a charge; the high output need to be used the day of or day after charging.

As Nemrod has posted, the pre-charged Duracell rechargeable is the nearly if not the same battery as the enloops.

When I am using them every day I prefer the higher output Duracell rechargeables; the ones you have to charge before using the first time. The times I use the pre-charged batteries is when the batteries sit around a few days after charging. Lower output but they hold a charge; the high output need to be used the day of or day after charging.

People seem to fail to understand this, ordering Eneloops is fine but you can pick up the Duracell Precharged at many stores including Wal mart etc, often on sale and often with a nice charger. Best I can tell, both from technical info and from practical use as well as detailed observation, these batteries perform essentially the same. They work especially well in Canon A Series cameras and Inon strobes. But, whatever floats your boat.

N

I use the Sony CycleEnergy ones, they are also rebadged eneloops. Somewhere I once found a list of equivalent batteries, but I can't find it right now. The Duracell Rechargeable Pre-charged, EasyPix Pre-charged Rechargeable, Panasonic R2 Technology Rechargeable, Powerex Imedion, President's Choice Rechargeable, Rayovac Hybrid, Sanyo Eneloop and Sony CycleEnergy are all the same thing according to THIS LINK. And that link is worth a look if you're interested in how these different batteries perform against eachother.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom