http://www.diveheart.org/

Encourage Congress to act

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plan ahead. There are shelters that are pet friendly. There are also places to take your pet. Do NOT wait until the last minute to get a plan for your pet. Know exactly what you would do with your pet if a hurricane came tomorrow. Just as you have a plan for your human family have one for Fido! Remeber you can not force every shelter to take them - what if someone is highly alleric, for example.

Good points, congress still needs to act

deeper thoughts:
Good points, congress still needs to act

This needs to be solved at the local level. Laws should reflect the wishes of the local populace.

I agree 100% Red, everything in life doesn't need to be mandated by a law, common sense and good judgement are better imo.

dlndavid:
I agree 100% Red, everything in life doesn't need to be mandated by a law, common sense and good judgement are better imo.

I agree as well. If you have your plan ahead of time there is no problem as the local authorities help make these plans... It is called hurrican prepardeness. Call the local authorities and they can tell you which shelter take pets. They can also assist with other options.

OK but I will keep pushing and strongly believe in it, each his own

deeper thoughts:
OK but I will keep pushing and strongly believe in it, each his own

Thanks for posting the web-site, I have forwarded it to my sewing group with at least 172 members.

deeper thoughts:
Thousands of pets were left behind in the wake of Hurricane Katrina: trapped in empty houses, stranded on rooftops above the flood waters, wandering alone through deserted streets.

Our new eCards tell their stories. And by sending one of these cards today, you can help ensure that no pet is ever left behind again when disaster strikes.

The U.S. Senate is considering the Pets Evacuation and Transportation Standards (PETS) Act, which would require that pets and service animals are included in disaster evacuation plans.

Please help us get this law passed today. Send one of our moving eCards to your friends and family and urge them to take action. Each card tells the touching story of a pet rescued by The Humane Society of the United States after Hurricane Katrina.

http://gateway.hsus.org/ecards/
Maybe this would be something PETA should get involved with.

dherbman:
Maybe this would be something PETA should get involved with.

Why don't you email your serwing circle? :shakehead

24.gif
24.gif
24.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom