Emergency Ascent Spreadsheet (xls)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can whip that up in 10 minutes. It would be faster than looking for it :)

R..

It's not faster than looking for it if it was still here . . . :cool:

Terry

Not being one of the in-crowd on this thread I've been trying to work out what it was about. Now I understand I find it rather worrying. If you CAN'T easily work this out for yourself then IMO you shouldn't be diving until you have more training.

I think I can probably handle the calculations. They certainly aren't any worse than Advanced Nitrox, Deco, my DiveCon exam or the calculations in the fianancial software I write for my clients.

I had wanted to send the spreadsheet to a new diver that asked me the eternal question "Should I get a Spare Air?" because it very plainly shows where you would run out of air when doing an emergency ascent on a Spare Air, compared to a 19, 30 or whatever.

On the other hand, I wasn't interested enough to actually rewrite the spreadsheet, so instead, I made this graphic to stick on my deco bottles.

http://www.cnysupport.com/wp-content/uploads/SA_OOA.pdf

For those of you that are interested, this is a vector graphic and will cleanly scale to any size and can be printed on clear adhesive stock to stick on the "Spare Air" of your choice.

My buddy put them on his double 108's. Mine is on a 19 and a 40.

Terry

Last edited:
:rofl3:

See Terry,you need some more training.:shocked:
:rofl4:

Fer whut? The Divemaster will keep me safe!

(For anybody new who reads this thread, the above is a joke. Nobody can "keep you safe" all the time. Not the divemaster, not your instructor, not your buddy, not Superman. Some might be able to some of the time, but if you kick Darwin in the balls often enough, he will eventually get you.)

In any case, I've got some training coming up this winter. The cruise ship dives are the best rescue training on the planet. It's like being inside the SSI Stress and Rescue video. :D

Terry

I said "if". Are you confirming for him that he can't work it out for himself?

Hence the :rofl3: :shocked: and :rofl4:

Guess Terry can some calculations.:D
:lotsalove:

I think I can probably handle the calculations. They certainly aren't any worse than Advanced Nitrox, Deco, my DiveCon exam or the calculations in the fianancial software I write for my clients.

I had wanted to send the spreadsheet to a new diver that asked me the eternal question "Should I get a Spare Air?" because it very plainly shows where you would run out of air when doing an emergency ascent on a Spare Air, compared to a 19, 30 or whatever.

On the other hand, I wasn't interested enough to actually rewrite it the spreadsheet, so instead, I made this graphic to stick on my deco bottles.

http://www.cnysupport.com/wp-content/uploads/SA_OOA.pdf

For those of you that are interested, this is a vector graphic and will cleanly scale to any size and can be printed on clear adhesive stock to stick on the "Spare Air" of your choice.

My buddy put them on his double 108's. Mine is on a 19 and a 40.

Terry

Sweet merciful crap that's hilarious!!!!:rofl3:

Fer whut? The Divemaster will keep me safe!

(For anybody new who reads this thread, the above is a joke. Nobody can "keep you safe" all the time. Not the divemaster, not your instructor, not your buddy, not Superman. Some might be able to some of the time, but if you kick Darwin in the balls often enough, he will eventually get you.)

In any case, I've got some training coming up this winter. The cruise ship dives are the best rescue training on the planet. It's like being inside the SSI Stress and Rescue video. :D

Terry

I beg to differ with the above statement, I'm reasonably certain Superman could in fact keep you safe all of the time.:superman:

I beg to differ with the above statement, I'm reasonably certain Superman could in fact keep you safe all of the time.:superman:

I'm not so sure. He seems to be a sucker for a cute girl.

If Jessica Alba and I had spent the afternoon rolling in chum, then accidentally fell out of the dive boat directly over a shark feed, I'm pretty sure Cape-Boy and Jessica would be having dinner that evening someplace romantic, while I'd turn up on CDNN as another Shark Attack. :cool:

Terry

I'm not so sure. He seems to be a sucker for a cute girl.

If Jessica Alba and I had spent the afternoon rolling in chum, then accidentally fell out of the dive boat directly over a shark feed, I'm pretty sure Cape-Boy and Jessica would be having dinner that evening someplace romantic, while I'd turn up on CDNN as another Shark Attack. :cool:

Terry

Especially if the chum contains kryptonite, you make an excellent point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom