Ellaidho for non diver? Or?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christian

Contributor
Reaction score
Planning to spend the last two weeks of December in the Maldives with family.
We are a mixed bag. A couple of non-divers (in laws) wich are very easy going and happy with not much--read a book, swim, have a drink, eat good food.
Me and wife are divers / UW photographer since 20+ years (wife actuallly did her first dives in Kani Resort 1988), and want to be able to visit at least a few "word class" dives sites from the resort by day trips. Then two "All Terrain" kids 13 (fresh OW) and 10 (will be snorkeling and perhaps do try dives need a house reef).
We do not want a sea plane transfer and liveaboard is off course out of the question.
The period we are looking at is the busiest busy and most expensive, which gives us few options.

Not too expensive (max €3000 for the resort pp, excl diving and flights)
Needs to have a good (by Maldivian standards) house reef for snorkeling
Maximum 90-120 mins away from Male with speed boat
Good food and nice beach
At least a few top dive sites (by Maldivian standards) on day trips distance

Lots of places seem to be out of our budget or fully booked for the time frame we're looking at. I have found these:

Bandos, N. Mahle (diving any good?)
Ellaidhoo, S Ari (for kids?)
Eryadiu, N Mahle (too small for non divers?)

Can anyone share their experience with those places?

cheers

Last edited:
Hi, I have been to Ellaidhoo (2005) and Eriyadu (2008). They both have very good house reef diving (not huge lagoons) as well as being nearby excellent dive sites. They are both small islands, and also offer great snorkelling opportunities. I think you can't go wrong with either of these. Enjoy!

Hi, I have been to Ellaidhoo (2005) and Eriyadu (2008). They both have very good house reef diving (not huge lagoons) as well as being nearby excellent dive sites. They are both small islands, and also offer great snorkelling opportunities. I think you can't go wrong with either of these. Enjoy!

Thank you Mehmet. We finally booked Ellaidhoo as I was informed that the NE monsoon would produce better dive conditions for the Islands situated on the eastern side of the atolls.

Back
Top Bottom