Electronic scuba log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zzoldtown

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Anyone know of a FREE scuba log download that is descent?
Like a program to keep on the computer

What kind of dive computer (I'm assuming you want to download it) and what type of computer for the dive-log program?

Anyone know of a FREE scuba log download that is descent?
Like a program to keep on the computer

DECENT is up to the user. I despise the Subsurface user interface. But you want FREE, so you can’t have everything.

Yeah the interface isn't really up to 21st-century standards. But I understand how it works. I tend not to get too annoyed by things like that. Unless I simply can't find stuff, because they're not where I expect them to be (like on most Apple devices).

Thanks so much to everyone . I'm very new to Scubaboard, so I don't know that my welcome will count for much .
Still making most research and will decide on where to have this download . i have an Apple Macbook , Iphone and wife android . So i should be able to download on any of this device .

Yeah the interface isn't really up to 21st-century standards. But I understand how it works. I tend not to get too annoyed by things like that. Unless I simply can't find stuff, because they're not where I expect them to be (like on most Apple devices).

It's surprisingly good for something that runs on linux and the other two (*). It's reasonably straightforward to make a neat UI with things where you expect them to be, on an Apple. The downside is, it's never gonna work on not-Apple.

*) Not counting Java, but its UI toolkits aren't that shiny! either IMO.

I backup everything to Shearwater Cloud from my Peregrine, but I am finding it a lot easier to just store a Excel/Google Sheet of all my dives on my Google Drive. So after a dive I backup to Sherwater Cloud but then log into my paper book and also on the spreadsheet. (I like having control of my data in 10 years when any number of proprietary programs may be discontinued or the like).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom