El Moro needs help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To those considering avoiding El Moro after reading this thread, don't! I'm no regular but I went twice on my last trip and it was great (and quiet) both times.

As to the supposed ruckus that had to be endured, I say the discussion is pointless without video evidence. I could be swayed either way! :D

I was with that group. 68 and run 4 times a week. “Geriatric harpies”. Really? You demonstrate pettiness and disrespect for fellow divers by your silly name calling. Were we loud? Yes. El Moro is not Especias. Open seating, formica orange tables, stong Margaritatas, bad acoustics and some of the best food on the island. If you want quiet intimacy buy a roasted chicken at Mega and a bottle of wine and eat in your damn ,hotel/air bnb place and gaze at your smart phone. As an after thought Ray is terrific but so is his brother Helcer. The smoothest most courteous person in the Cozumel restaurant business. Cheers!
"shrieking harpies"

I was with that group. 68 and run 4 times a week. “Geriatric harpies”. Really? You demonstrate pettiness and disrespect for fellow divers by your silly name calling. Were we loud? Yes. El Moro is not Especias. Open seating, formica orange tables, stong Margaritatas, bad acoustics and some of the best food on the island. If you want quiet intimacy buy a roasted chicken at Mega and a bottle of wine and eat in your damn ,hotel/air bnb place and gaze at your smart phone. As an after thought Ray is terrific but so is his brother Helcer. The smoothest most courteous person in the Cozumel restaurant business. Cheers!
You nailed it. Anyone who thinks that he was being sarcastic or complimentary should ask him, but none of the group he addressed took it that way. It's interesting that horn34, himself has been quiet about it. And finally, being one of the group involved, I am quite sure that a respectful, courteous request would have been well received. I know that's a hard skill to develop when you spend most of your time online. I'm out. Back to diving and having a good time with my friends.

Next time you're there... Ask Ray how that big Camel ended up in the place. I mean, a Camel in a restaurant on Coz? How the heck did that ever get there and why? LOL! You'll like the story... Definitely a Family Owned and Operated business! Can't wait to be back there. Just a few more weeks.
This seems like as good a place as any to ask what is the story with the name, "El Moro." Is the owner (or was a previous owner) North African? Who is The Moor?

I see El Moro is on the top list for Margaritas, this is good new for those who like to party... 🥳.:wink:

Anyhow this place sounds nice and I plan to visit in about a week.:cheers:

This threat has turned into something else...
@jbjclj I'll be down this may 16-27... I don't think these dates are going to line up with your trip, will it?

This threat has turned into something else...
@jbjclj I'll be down this may 16-27... I don't think these dates are going to line up with your trip, will it?
Is this where the customer is always wrong? And yes we will probably be here because we are staying 6 weeks again arrive the 19th of April and yes this thread is shredded.

Another Cozumel forum zombie thread.

Is this where the customer is always wrong? And yes we will probably be here because we are staying 6 weeks again arrive the 19th of April and yes this thread is shredded.
😆😆😆 "The customer is always wrong". You have a good memory for being such an old, drunken fool!!!

See you guys then!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom