Trip Report El cantil and Aldora

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have our airfare booked and we are just waiting on our confirmation for Residencias Reef. We are excited to try the southside and be closer to the diving site. I think the beach and snorkeling there will be fine for the off days. Plus, we can go kayak or SUP. Using a new booking company, hope it turns out OK. We plan to dive with Aldoro again. Condos are nice for the extra room and a quick breakfast before diving. Plan to rent a car, except I hate the parking situation when going to the restaurants in the evening. Thanks for all the ideas.

Have fun. The RR was very nice, even nicer was the extra hour of sleep as the boat arrives around 8am! The main downside is the trip into town needs to enter San Miguel before 5:45pm or you'll hit major traffic. I found we got bored but we aren't beach types and missed our night walks to dinner on the back streets.

We have stayed all over the island RR, Aldora villas and a lot of places in between. Won't be the first time without a car but we usually get one. We had one in Dec 2020 and manged to park right across from the Aldora Pier, very strange time but we liked the quiet.

Check out Playa Azul or the Westin up north. Waterfront, some sandy beach, good pool and snorkeling. My preference is a condo as I like making my own coffee & having a frig for beer and some food.

Back
Top Bottom