EFR instructor training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yomar:
If you are to be an instructor, can't PADI just credit your SFA and skip EFR? Just curious :)

You always have the option of skipping the EFR instructor course. As a matter of fact it is not included in the IDC or the OWSI program, its a separate course. Its just convenient to be an EFR instructor because EFR is marketed as part of the PADI Rescue Diver Course. If your a PADI instructor its easier to submit all applications of the student to one office rather than sending a separate CPR student application, waiting for the approval of it, then attaching the documents to the PADI Rescue Diver application and sending to PADI office.

marine first aid...?

havent heard of that yet... certainly its not offered in manila, QC or pasig chapters(these are the chapters ive attended for SFAT and BLS over the years.

marine injuries first aid is one of the subjects in SFA training ... that i know..

my PADI instructor did recognize my BLS/SFA certifications for rescue diver training. reason i made this post is because im lookng at the horizon with being an EFR instructor....someday when i grow up! :)

guys any contact numbers of EFR instructor trainers in manila? thanks thanks!

aparatchiki:
marine first aid...?

havent heard of that yet... certainly its not offered in manila, QC or pasig chapters(these are the chapters ive attended for SFAT and BLS over the years.

marine injuries first aid is one of the subjects in SFA training ... that i know..

my PADI instructor did recognize my BLS/SFA certifications for rescue diver training. reason i made this post is because im lookng at the horizon with being an EFR instructor....someday when i grow up! :)

guys any contact numbers of EFR instructor trainers in manila? thanks thanks!

Hernel Castillo - 09178193484 (metro manila) www.divenetphil.com
Tim Aukshun - 09212687722 (la union) www.oceandeep.biz
Warren Dixon - www.elgalleon.com (IDAP Asia) (puerto galera)

oh wow...i was surfing at another site for 5 mins...and then u got posts already...

whoa!

thanks axua and pao! :)

paolov:
Axua will answer you

add Ross Guzman to the EFR-I trainers

Paolov

do u have a number of Ross i heard his name from another instructor but i forgot to aask his contact details.

thanks!

Yes, I sent an email to EFR inc (australia i believe) they sent me the requirements for EFR-I you need not have DM credentials to be EFR-I.

I think they're marketing EFR now to the non-diving community more.

Can't wait to start soon!

:D :D :D

Axua:
aparatchiki,
just get in touch with any PADI Course Director in Manila. I am not aware however that you need not be a PADI DM to be a EFR instructor. You however have to be EFR Primary, Secondary and Care for Children certified to take the instructor course.

EFR is a subsidiary of PADI (technically, they own it, just a different name).

In my opinion, if your not going to be a PADI Instructor just stick with Red Cross. Red Cross instructor courses are probably cheaper than EFR instructor courses.

aparatchiki: can you give me an idea how much the training will cost and for how long? Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom