EFR instructor training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aparatchiki

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi

I cant seem to find a threat that talks EFR instructor training here in the Philippines.

i was wondering if u can point me to the right direction.

i wrote to the EFR guys in Aus but no reply yet. I've been red cross BLS and First Aid certified since 2001... and i renew my BLS every year (standard is 2 years i believe) and my SFA once every 2 years (again the standard is 3 years). Plus i have tactical medic training as well.

i'd appreciate any help!

thanks!

emergency first responder. Is it possible to become an EFR PADI instructor without being a scuba instructor?

Chiki, did you get your SFA/BLS cert here in the PI or abroad? Just wondering. Tell me about the tactical medical training, I'm interested.

chip104:
emergency first responder. Is it possible to become an EFR PADI instructor without being a scuba instructor?

Chiki, did you get your SFA/BLS cert here in the PI or abroad? Just wondering. Tell me about the tactical medical training, I'm interested.

i took my SFA/BLS here from Red cross. Its waaayyy cheaper here...P1500 for an entire week for both courses...ok diba? altho i would be retaking the course in LA 2nd quarter next year.

about Tac Med its actually for tactical officers only (swat, etc) its focuses on rescue, trauma management, BLS and emergency aid particular to tactical operations of Law enforcement and special operations (first aid of bad guy/good guy but with the bullets flying around hehehe). they call tactical/SWAT medics as "doc's with glocks" :)

Yes reading from EFR's website...the pre-requisite is DM. not instructor. also, methinks EFR is not under PADI really...just a partner org of PADI or something like a sister agency of PADI.

But that's just my opinion...can somebody edumacate out of my ignorance please.

wow, that tac med seems pretty cool. Would have loved to take that course - the stressful sits must have been such a rush!

Which Red Cross branch did you take the course at? The National Headquarters, QC chapter, or Rizal chapter?

took the most recent BLS/SFA training from rizal chapter...

i myt take up the BLS instructor course at QC chapter...hafta ask them first on monday.

yes the tac medic course is a very exciting course...it includes CQB training, live fire (day & night) and scenario simulations. only u cud take said course at palm springs, CA.

Actually, you no longer need to be a Divemaster to become an EFR Instructor. And, yes, the Emergency First Response Corp, is a subsidiary of PADI, but its value goes beyond the diving community. They offer training in CPR, First Aid, AEDs, for both for Adult and Child victims.

If you’re looking for Instructor training, as an EFR Instructor-Trainer, I’d be happy to do your training for you on-site (that is if you wouldn’t mind picking up the airfare, hotel, meals, and incidentals). :wink:

aparatchiki,
just get in touch with any PADI Course Director in Manila. I am not aware however that you need not be a PADI DM to be a EFR instructor. You however have to be EFR Primary, Secondary and Care for Children certified to take the instructor course.

EFR is a subsidiary of PADI (technically, they own it, just a different name).

In my opinion, if your not going to be a PADI Instructor just stick with Red Cross. Red Cross instructor courses are probably cheaper than EFR instructor courses.

Axua:
In my opinion, if your not going to be a PADI Instructor just stick with Red Cross. Red Cross instructor courses are probably cheaper than EFR instructor courses.

AGree , including the exclusion as mentioned above (else i will get a Q.A.)

WileEDiver:
If you’re looking for Instructor training, as an EFR Instructor-Trainer, I’d be happy to do your training for you on-site (that is if you wouldn’t mind picking up the airfare, hotel, meals, and incidentals).

you're a sly one huh? hehehehhehehehe........

Aparatchiki : check the red letters below hehehe

Back
Top Bottom