Effervescence at depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Contents of an egg are fluid therefore not compressible.

personally i would like to know how to blow the bubble rings you see divers do - but i guess it helps if youre a smoker

Yeah, I've seen those. I'd also love to be able to do it. I tried it once but the inverted body position plus my inexperience lead to me becoming rathing sick under water. Maybe I'll try it again.

Contents of an egg are fluid therefore not compressible.

That's if it were an ideal fluid, which I doubt it is. I'd be very surprised if you could take an egg down to the bottom of the marianas trench without it breaking under the pressure.:wink:

personally i would like to know how to blow the bubble rings you see divers do - but i guess it helps if youre a smoker

Get on your back with your mouth up. Take a gulp of air before removing the reg. Parch your lips then say "POP." Reinsert reg. With a little practice you can blow two or three rings in rapid succession with each ring inside the other.

Get on your back with your mouth up. Take a gulp of air before removing the reg. Parch your lips then say "POP." Reinsert reg. With a little practice you can blow two or three rings in rapid succession with each ring inside the other.

You make it sound so easy:wink: Just explain what "parch your lips" mean please. Sorry if I'm being silly but maybe it's just because English is not my native tongue.

the video link i have is at 20mtrs - i hear its an advance course instructor trick

I'm not a smoker, but I'm pretty good at bubble rings. Basically you face the surface, and make a "puh" sound with your mouth. After doing a few, you figure out the exact way to do it.

purse (or is it perse?) , which is like a pout :)

Gotcha. Somthing like:
images

images

images

images

images

images

Back
Top Bottom