Eel bites man's thumb off...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People are definitely stupid...well some of us more than others.
BTW, if the eel was EVIL he/she would have gone for the guy's privates...try replacing that with a toe.

That footage was unreal. I can't believe he tormented the eel and the eel gets called Evil. The eel was in its environment doing what is natural to it. Maybe someone will learn from this. I don't touch, molest, poke the animals.

That footage was unreal. I can't believe he tormented the eel and the eel gets called Evil. The eel was in its environment doing what is natural to it. Maybe someone will learn from this. I don't touch, molest, poke the animals.

Ditto! He must not have been paying attention during OW class when they said take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but bubbles. Especially a thumb!

It just goes to show you that you shouldn't have eel feeding dives just to get a good photo. Now if he just baited the eel, that's a whole different thing! That is every bit as safe as shark baiting dives. :wink:

Would you have called an ambulance or just gotten a toe truck for the victim?

He should have just stayed thumbless, then he could use his 'battle wounds' to pick up women. A missing thumb is a lot cooler than a mutated replacement.

The fact that he can't pick up the ladies with his toe-thumb is evident in the video when he's showing it off. He filmed himself alone, drinking and playing video games. Coldplay may have been playing in the background...

:dork2:

The nice music makes it feel the whole incident was fun, just a traveling dive experience!

It is sort of sad that the medical community worked together and used great skill and patience in restoring the use of the man's hand and he uses this gift for stupid stuff like booze and video games. I would love to see a video of him being thankful for his life and use of his limbs by maybe working as a volunteer to pick up trash or plant a tree.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom