Edge bcd/hog wing recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As usual, DRIS does a good job and backed up totally by Chris @ Edge/HOG-Well done Mike and well done Chris. It is nice to see honest customer service that is fast and efficent.

I have a 32lb wing. I've looked on the tag attached between built-in sta and inside the bladder area and don't see a "Made in" tag of any kind. Could you tell me where I should be looking for that tag?

We (ScubaGadget.com) did articles and extensive reseach on this issue during the Dive Rite and Halcyon recalls. I had a gut feeling that other were using the same spring but had to file a fredom of information report to find our who made the spring.

The OPV assemblies came from Burgess Manufacturing but the actual springs or the stainless steel came from Jiangyin Zhongwei Staninless Products Co, Ltd in Jiangyin City CHINA.

Please let us know (john@jmckenzie.com) if you have any more info.

I had a gut feeling that other were using the same spring but had to file a fredom of information report to find our who made the spring.

I assume you mean a Freedom of Information Act request (commonly shortened to "FOIA request"). Out of curiosity, what agency did you file this with? What did you ask for specifically?

We (ScubaGadget.com) did articles and extensive reseach on this issue during the Dive Rite and Halcyon recalls. I had a gut feeling that other were using the same spring but had to file a fredom of information report to find our who made the spring.

The OPV assemblies came from Burgess Manufacturing but the actual springs or the stainless steel came from Jiangyin Zhongwei Staninless Products Co, Ltd in Jiangyin City CHINA.

Please let us know (john@jmckenzie.com) if you have any more info.

The OPV that is involved here did NOT come from Burgess, it is a new slightly smaller OPV design from my supplier. The springs are not even the same size.

I am not yet informed on the suppliers name of the spring involved. I do know the replacement springs are from a different supplier.

I and my supplier strongly suspect that he got sent springs that were below spec.

My supplier has assured me that he is also in the process of contacting other brands who have bought units with this same OPV and spring. I expect we will see more recalls from other companies

I have a 32lb wing. I've looked on the tag attached between built-in sta and inside the bladder area and don't see a "Made in" tag of any kind. Could you tell me where I should be looking for that tag?

Hi Jim, if the inflator has plastic buttons on your HOG 32 it is included in the recall, if metal button it is not included

best,

Chris

So I have a recently purchased 32 Lb HOG wing......with plastic inflator buttons.....

Only used in fresh water since mid-summer.......

The spring still looks good........

Could the spring be OK or should I get a new spring anyway?

Thx......M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom