Eco Explorer Runs Aground On Tubbataha

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a dive tourist based in the Philippines for 9 months looking at purchasing a liveaboard for 6 people to Tubbataha this year (2007). Regardless of the 'do gooder' 'do not blame Scuba World' threads, I will not, if possible, put my or my friends money with this sham company.

I had a very bad experience with them in Palau and what happened last year at Tubbataha confirms exactly what I thought; Scuba World are a cheap, superficial company that do not operate to international standards. Rather, they run to whatever Filipino get-out clauses that they can which may/may not compromise passenger/environmental safely. Sorry to say this, but I would rather not go to Tubbataha (which we really want to dive!) rather than take a risk with a poor, second-rate liveaboard where myself, my wife and my frinds safety is at risk.

I would rather go to the Similans, Thailand where safety is paramount and the liveaboard experience is great (also seen reports of cockroaches in cabins and poor sevice regarding Scubaworld on the net).

While I appreciate that many people have differing views regarding their personal safety and the value of their own life, take it from me; do not take chances just for pleasure. Look at the evidence and do no take risks. Book your liveaboard very carfully. You could have been on that dive deck when the rope snapped and lost your life.

What are you worth??????????????????????????????????????????????

World Wide Diver

Didn't the Greenpeace ship run aground in Tubbataha last season? I'm sure that the Capt. and the crew on board THAT SHIP were not 'chimps" as some of the earlier posts have suggested.

So what that does mean? Accidents happen. Look up the word "accident" in the dictionary.

I dont know about you guys but as a filipino, I am offended by this remark from the earlier posting,

"Rather, they run to whatever Filipino get-out clauses that they can"

Sounds to me like someone who has a very low opinion of Filipinos.

Back
Top Bottom