Eco Explorer Runs Aground On Tubbataha

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Underwater1:
I dont know about you guys but as a filipino, I am offended by this remark from the earlier posting,

"Rather, they run to whatever Filipino get-out clauses that they can"

Sounds to me like someone who has a very low opinion of Filipinos.
that guy just stated a cultural fact !
if you want to do something about it , We have POLLS by MAY rally the troops to vote for Honorable people and not people who does "get-out clauses" = "palusot" .

Tagalog Instruction :

Get-out clauses = palusot.
run to whatever filipino get-out clauses = nagpapalusot

means avoiding culpability instead of accepting RESPONSIBILITY .

I understood the line: "Rather, they run to whatever Filipino get-out clauses that they can"

as having a low opinion of Filipino beuracracy (spelling?) rather than people...

Scuba World Philippines? Liveaboards that suck and can't even communicate with each other because of non-operational radios. Boat groundings are a common occurence, Apo Reef (where they did nothing to repair the damage to the reef, Palau, where a case was filed in court & Tubbataha, where the Eco Explorer stayed ON the reef for a considerable length of time). Boat Managers that are sooo NEW and have hardly any experience in diving. Divemasters that get lost underwater. Guests that know the dive sites better than the Divemasters. Office staff that that can't tell one end of a tank from the other. Scuba World has the HIGHEST rate of resignations of any dive operation in the Philippines (probably the world). An owner who proclaims himself as GOD and treats his employees like s#*t. The owner's sidekick who knows nothing about the dive industry and just talks and talks and talks.

Ask ANY of the true Philippine dive professionals about this company. You may be surprised! Several local Instructors and dive operations refuse to patronize this company.

They should close down. It would be better for the Philippine dive industry and for local tourism.

so you got fired by John Wee? thus all this animosity towards Scubaword PI?

Seems like he has nothing good to say about Scubaworld... first 5 posts are all the same... not that it may or may not be true but my friend you do not have much credibility right now....

it does make you wonder, eh, pak?

:D

pakman:

pakman:
Sounds like a disgruntled employee to me..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom