Ebay

Are you buying vacation/diving packages on Ebay?

• Yes, the only one place i'm buying from

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I'm checking the prices there and than talking to "normal" travel agency

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Scary place, i would rather dive in my bath at home

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Who is Ebay?

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M_B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Folks,
Been readin a litle bit, and just wonder how many of you are/were buying vacation/diving packages on ebay?

You don't list the other options of online vacation package providers. I've found 11thHour and travelzoo to have some unbeatable deals for mexico and caribbean travel. Not really dive packages but air&hotel deals that are pretty hard to beat if one is flexible.

i just wanted to know if you guys are shopping on ebay for vacation deals

never knew they sold travel, I've only looked there for gear.

=-)

I've just browsed their gear. Had no clue they sold travel either.

Travel? How does that work? I've spent too much time on the internet searching for vacation packages, but I've never been to E-bay. I'll have to check it out.

Be careful about vacation packages on ebay. I've checked them out but a lot of vacation scams on ebay. Like any ebay purchases keep sure you read the agreement and the seller's feedback. There have been cases of people getting certificates that are worthless or very strict guidlines and huge blackout dates.

Yeah, watch out for the "taxes, fees, etc." Skyauction.com is bad about that, a deal may appear to be a bargain but it's really not, people bid for packages I think without checking the additional fees and date restrictions. I've had pretty good success with Expedia.com. Their hard to beat, when you package the hotel and airfare togethor, it almost always comes out cheaper to use them and buy a dive-only package.

As neither your inquiry nor the replies to date contain anything specific to Mexico, I have taken the liberty of moving it to the General Travel Discussions forum where it may receive broader response.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Back
Top Bottom