Easter Diving:: Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryssyr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone! I got a chance to get out this weekend. Unfortunately I couldnt make Saturday since my dog fell ill, but Sunday was very calm and we headed out to Monastery for a couple of dives.

Great luck with the conditions, small waves, 46 degrees and up to 40ft of vis. What a big change from last weeks conditions.

I continue to pack the wrong lens. Macro shots when I should have brought my wide angle. Here are a couple of photos.

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2210.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2270.jpg

and the rest can be found here: Monastery Beach Photos

Nice shots Robin! I really want to dive Monastery again. Let me know if you ever need a buddy.

Great shots as usual, Robin! Monastery looked absolutely ideal on Sunday, and it was certainly packed with divers and beachgoers when we drove by.

Conditions were also fantastic on the other side of granite point, I have a short video uploading to YT as we speak...

Lovely shots Robin. Wondered what happened to you. I would love to do Monastery sometime - if anyone who has prior experience is interested.

I can go out any weekend. Just let me know. (but I can get away for only one of the days)

Paula and I dove south monastery, and it was her first time diving there. Dive one was 54 min. We surface swam out about 50yards and then dropped and headed around the corner.

Dive 2 was more of the same- 1 hour bottom time, but we got out further and took a slightly different path out so we could see different stuff. Ive dove enough times there to be comfortable leading a dive, but not unless the waves are ankle biters. It was really hard getting out of the water after dive 2. The tide had risen and the exit was a lot more steep.

I will say one more thing:: That walk S-U-C-K-S.

I was tired before getting in, and after the 2nd dive we dropped our weights on the beach and came back for them after removing gear at the vehicle.

Its been about 1 year since I dove the site and I totally forgot that there is a restroom there. I'll have to go there more often if conditions are good.

Don't alot of people only do one dive there for that reason - or am I wrong? I am glad that you got some diving in Robin. Hope your pup is doing better.

Sarah, when were you thinking of going? I was thinking of getting a dive in before I'm scheduled to be at the scuba show.

No plans yet. I am diving on Sunday, but not there. Let me know when you want to dive though - I would be good for 4/26 and maybe Robin could join in?

The walk sucks less when you use the hard packed trail going to the bathroom, then sneak over the berm to the water.

Sarah, when were you thinking of going? I was thinking of getting a dive in before I'm scheduled to be at the scuba show.

yeah we used that too. I'm just lazy and out of shape!

.... Next time we head out we should set up camp on the other side of the dunes so folks can set down and SI on the beach. If we have two or more teams we could stagger them to have someone with the stuff and helping with entry's & exits too.

Back
Top Bottom